Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

B&W or Color
Posted By: Jimbo, 03-28-2010, 08:33 PM

Playing around with a photo and seeing how it would convert to B&W. My daughter prefers the color and I the B&W. Cheers. JIM

Views: 3,195
04-02-2010, 11:04 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Add another for the B&W. I really like the feel of the B&W. It appears calm, quite and serene but still a bit mysterious.
Thank you and I agree. JIM

QuoteQuote:
1 for the colour, fabulous shot.
Thank you. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Jimbo, if one person can read your exact intent through your photograph, then I think your photo has done way more than what I usually expect out of my work for example(because they suck).

It is just as satisfying to know that I interpreted the picture correctly. To me it is almost as good as taking a photograph that I am satisfied with, if not better. I really think that this is what photography is all about. To me it is not about "WOW" factor. It is about what you want to convey, and if the picture conveyed that or not.

Anyway, awesome work there!!
Cheers Bud and Thank you again. JIM

04-03-2010, 03:38 AM   #32
rhe

Photos: Albums
Both versions are outstanding but I prefer the B&W.

Although born in BC I have not travelled there very much and find the overall colour of the first shot too unusual (maybe you see those hues there a lot) to my eye.

The B&W version is not only beautiful but has a real sense of mystery.
04-03-2010, 05:48 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Both versions are outstanding but I prefer the B&W.

Although born in BC I have not travelled there very much and find the overall colour of the first shot too unusual (maybe you see those hues there a lot) to my eye.

The B&W version is not only beautiful but has a real sense of mystery.
04-08-2010, 04:29 AM   #34

i like the B&w one. it is more simple . in the color one, the grass doesn't looks good

04-08-2010, 11:00 AM   #35

Photos: Albums
Wow, looking through the comments, it'll be hard to even see the clear crowd pleaser there, haha. Everyone has a different opinion on this it seems.

For me, the colour one really does it. Simply stunning picture, where was this taken?
04-08-2010, 11:28 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very impressive Jimbo, I really like the color one the best and fog adds a really nice mood to the whole photograph.

Nicely done,
Cory
04-09-2010, 04:54 PM   #37
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
like the B&w one. it is more simple . in the color one, the grass doesn't looks good
Thank you for your kind words. JIm

QuoteQuote:
Wow, looking through the comments, it'll be hard to even see the clear crowd pleaser there, haha. Everyone has a different opinion on this it seems.

For me, the colour one really does it. Simply stunning picture, where was this taken?
The shot was taken out towards the Pitt on Maple Ridge. Appreciate you looking and commenting. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Very impressive Jimbo, I really like the color one the best and fog adds a really nice mood to the whole photograph.

Nicely done,
Cory
Thank you Cory. JIM
04-14-2010, 06:55 PM   #38
Veteran Member

color...definately

04-15-2010, 07:50 AM   #39

I really like the B&W one, I think it really bring out the shades, and it looks less "hazy" than the colored one. It's a toss-up for me since the color of the colored one is just too good, but if I had to make a choice I'd pick the B&W.
04-19-2010, 04:11 PM   #40
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
I really like the B&W one, I think it really bring out the shades, and it looks less "hazy" than the colored one. It's a toss-up for me since the color of the colored one is just too good, but if I had to make a choice I'd pick the B&W.
04-21-2010, 12:33 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Both versions are good.
IMO, the colour version brings out the mood, the time when "night time is falling".
Given a choice, I will choose the B&W one as it shows the highlights and shadows of the water and its surrounding area.
Thank you for sharing.

Cheers.
04-21-2010, 06:25 AM   #42
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Both versions are good.
IMO, the colour version brings out the mood, the time when "night time is falling".
Given a choice, I will choose the B&W one as it shows the highlights and shadows of the water and its surrounding area.
Thank you for sharing.
Thank you for commenting. JIM