Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
I finally get around to posting...
Posted By: vinzer, 07-15-2007, 06:34 AM

After a hundred and eighty-three posts, I'm finally posting a thread in this sub-forum. The images are those that got accepted in the Pentax Gallery. Haven't tried submitting again to the gallery as of yet.

1/20; f/11; 18mm

1/6; f/5.6; 55mm

1/20; f/5.6; 55mm

1/10; f/4.5; 35mm

1/125; f/8.0; 55mm

Don't ask me how the cannon got in. I'm as surprised as you are.

All pictures were taken with the K10D + kit lens, and all originated from JPEGs. I'd have to say that some people are grossly mistaken about the JPEG capabilities of the K10D.

Comments and critique are welcome, even highly negative and critical ones.
Views: 2,006
07-15-2007, 08:42 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Those are quite nice.

I particularly like the first one (nice billowing line of clouds to make an otherwise ho-hum shot quite interesting), the third one (great use of the foreground bokeh!), and the last one (cool shadows and nicely backlit).

The cannon one is pretty boring. The last one would also be better with a tighter crop; unfortunately this might also cut off an interesting shadow.
07-15-2007, 10:30 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I love the first image -- it proves law of thirds is not always the best way to go
07-15-2007, 02:04 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Frank Comisar Quote
I love the first image -- it proves law of thirds is not always the best way to go
i agree some times rules are met to be broken

07-15-2007, 04:39 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by carpents Quote
The cannon one is pretty boring.
True, that. I was surprised when it got in the gallery. Maybe it helped when I titled it "Old Cannon" (Old Canon?).

Thanks for the comments and critique guys. Much appreciated. Will try to post more, so I could learn more from you.
07-15-2007, 05:59 PM   #6
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
1 and 5 are definitely favourites. In each case you have a very good eye and each is well captured. The tiger shot would have been better had you been able to get closer to the cage. The wires would have almost totally disappeared. You may be right about the Canon/Cannon play on words as that shot doesn't offer a ton of interest.

They all show how good that zoom is, in the right hands, for a 'consumer' grade lens at such a low price.
07-17-2007, 08:47 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
1 and 5 are definitely favourites. In each case you have a very good eye and each is well captured. The tiger shot would have been better had you been able to get closer to the cage. The wires would have almost totally disappeared. You may be right about the Canon/Cannon play on words as that shot doesn't offer a ton of interest.

They all show how good that zoom is, in the right hands, for a 'consumer' grade lens at such a low price.
Thanks Peter.

You guys do know how to encourage an amateur to keep working at it. Your comments and critiques are very much appreciated.