Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

India Trip - Leprosy and other stuff [9 IMG]
Posted By: Duncan J Murray, 07-15-2007, 04:47 PM

Dear All,

Have posted this in a certain other forum, but thought I ought to post here, too. Haven't been here for quite a while, but I hope you enjoy these

I travelled to India on a 10 week trip, taking most of my photos in some extensive travelling in the first three weeks. It was partly medically-related, but I didn't let that stop me taking photos of other pretty stuff.

Here are some vegetables in varanasi, the holy centre of the country

Lots of early morning travelling on dusty roads

In sub-tropical land - I think the palm trees look funny

This was a very out of the way health centre, which treated natives from these three valleys, who would carry their sick here to be treated by the single nurse who lives on her own. We had to 'ski' in a 4x4 to get here - scary!

Here is the single native patient with her baby who was at the health centre at the time

No trip to India is complete without taking photos of children. Here they are sleeping after running around manically at lunchtime

This is one of the few tourist attractions I went to - I wanted to shoot the well-known rock in a different way, but found the best angle seemed to be tried and tested

Here is a patient with lepromatous leprosy - a Lion like face

Tea pickers in Ooty

Views: 3,699
07-16-2007, 05:50 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. You have the eye and the passion. Your pictures certainly inspired me. Thanks for sharing.

I would think you'd be great as a photographer for National Geographic.

07-19-2007, 09:37 AM   #17
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vinzer Quote
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. You have the eye and the passion. Your pictures certainly inspired me. Thanks for sharing.

I would think you'd be great as a photographer for National Geographic.
That's truly a compliment! Many thanks!

Duncan.
07-19-2007, 10:47 AM   #18
Veteran Member

I enjoyed your pictures quite a bit. The pictures really give me a feeling for the places and people you have visited. Thanks for sharing.