Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
second attempt.....running water
Lens: bellows Camera: km/k2000 Photo Location: the kitchen sink ISO: 100 
Posted By: janstew, 04-01-2010, 11:55 PM

My second attempt at this........well if you dont count all the unfocused ones........sheesh it was hard to focus in the dark kitchen and in the darker kitchen sink!
I like the smooth edges of the stream......so unlike I imagined!
Bellows with 2 ( a 2 & 3) extensions tubes.......cant remember what the settings were but 4 seconds seems to come to mind Flash at 1/4 above CL.........I really must go out into some brighter light! Look for some bugs........the only ones I could find today were locusts squished onto the front of the ute.......
cheers
Jan

Views: 1,497
04-02-2010, 12:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Interesting shot Jan - I really like the surface of the water - a roiling surface with some very good abstract textures.

The stream into it looks frozen though - like a tube of ice and to me its not in the best place. Perhaps more to one side would have given the image more depth (the rule of thirds rears its head again )

Good try though - close ups of moving things are really hard.

Cheers
04-02-2010, 04:04 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
many thanks
perhaps crop it from the right hand side so the stream is more to the right and maybe lose a little from the botttom would help......
It's an airated tap......so the water is pushed out through a screen....makes it full of bubbles.....it does look frozen
cheers

or like this? Does this comply with the rule of 1/3's?

Last edited by janstew; 04-02-2010 at 04:22 AM. Reason: crop
04-02-2010, 04:29 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ricstew Quote
many thanks
perhaps crop it from the right hand side so the stream is more to the right and maybe lose a little from the botttom would help......
It's an airated tap......so the water is pushed out through a screen....makes it full of bubbles.....it does look frozen
cheers

or like this? Does this comply with the rule of 1/3's?
Thats cool - thats what I meant about reframing to make it less central (rule of thirds). I like the frozen water column like that and off to the side.

Cheers

04-02-2010, 06:01 PM   #5
wjt
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The cropped version is more striking. Nice capture, thanks for sharing.