Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Totally imprumptu wedding! (story + photos)
Posted By: mikerigel, 07-17-2007, 08:48 AM

Here's some photos of an event I wasn't expecting at all... during my trip to California, while shooting the famous Golden Gate bridge in San Francisco, this car parks next to us and this freshly married couple comes out! They starting to take photos but the only photographer they have is this young teenager (the bride's sister) with a tiny point & shoot.
So after a few minutes, I just introduced myself to them and asked if they wanted me to take a few shots, they gladly accepted and the teenager actually told me: "Thank you so much, you must be heaven sent!" And I was like, actually no, I'm from Florida.

So now you know the story, here's some of the photos. it was the end of the day so the sun gave us a nice warm evening light.

I only had a few minutes there so I gave them my email address and they now have the photos.
I was pretty happy about helping them, they didn't seem like they had much money so they couldn't afford a photographer.

Thanks for looking!
Views: 3,197
07-17-2007, 09:31 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great story and really nice shots. Just think, your pictures will be gracing their rooms for years, if not (hopefully) decades to come, and could be handed down to children and grandchildren. A wonderful gift for them.

07-18-2007, 04:56 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Beautiful shots, you did a wonderful thing there and I'm sure they will treasure those pictures. You really captured their feelings and the shots lack the stiffness often associated with posing for a hired photographer.
07-18-2007, 05:38 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks everyone!!! unfortunately I can't answer to all of you because I have to go to work in a few minutes...
As mentioned, I was mainly there at the right time, I believe many of you would have done the same thing...
As for the whole karma thing, even if I don't get anything in return, it's completely ok because I was so happy to do it!
And actually I already got something in return the very same day, their smile and thanks!!
07-18-2007, 07:47 AM   #19
Forum Member

Really nice of you to do that, and what awesome photos too. They seem like a nice pair

2 is my favourite.

07-18-2007, 01:42 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Very nice; as good as (or better than) many professional wedding pix I've seen. Picture #4 (the thumbs up) is great! Kudos to you for stepping up and shooting them. The memory of a stranger making a gesture like that is a great way to start off together.
07-18-2007, 02:12 PM   #21
Inactive Account

He could have dressed for the occasion!?
07-18-2007, 02:51 PM   #22
Veteran Member

slick! Both you and they were in the right place at the right time. They're all first rate, but the first and last are my two favorites.

Good story too.

07-18-2007, 07:58 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Christian Quote
He could have dressed for the occasion!?
Well, I mentioned they didn't have much money....
07-18-2007, 08:25 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Fantastic Shots Mike...and a very nice jesture on your part.
Just think...you've captured a few moments that they'll cherrish forever, and a great story they can pass on as well.
Very well done.
Cheers.
07-18-2007, 09:06 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Now that my friend is some serious Kismet! This couple is very fortunate. The photos are gorgeous and I bet they love them.
07-19-2007, 11:34 AM   #26
Veteran Member

It looks like you have some new friends in California. I agree with Asad in his comments on your first photo - I hope this lovely couple will frame it.
07-19-2007, 02:13 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Great story, great photos, well done and thanks for sharing!!!

Regards,
D
07-19-2007, 08:36 PM   #28

You are truly a good 'photo' Samaritan - what a truly inspiring story - I'm sure that the young couple will be eternally grateful to you and you took such beautiful pictures - congratulations!
07-20-2007, 04:57 AM   #29
Veteran Member

I love the story and the pictures - all of them. The bride and groom will likely be thrilled with them as well. I also like number one the best, but I suspect the new couple will prefer number two. My choice of number one is based solely on a male's perspective, while she (an obvious female) will likely opt for the second one. I also especially like number four (thumbs up) because of the playfull nature of it, right down to her facial expression. In reality, all of the pictures are great and the couple will probably want them all. Outstanding job, especially on such short notice.

As far as the Karma thing (getting something in return), you've certainly gained a few compliments, and pats on the back for being such a nice guy, from more than a few people here.

stewart