Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Two in infrared
Posted By: xs400, 07-17-2007, 03:16 PM

Here are two shots taken at the corporate headquarters of Oracle Corp. in California. (No, I don't work there.) Shot using a Hoya R72 IR filter on my K100D with 18-55mm kit lens. I'd appreciate any comments.
Frank

Views: 1,748
07-17-2007, 05:27 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Wow, you achieved a cool result. I like the first one a lot. The trees just pop out of the picture. thanks for sharing.
07-17-2007, 06:13 PM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They are both great shots and I agree the trees just pop out in the first shot. It's a really great shot. I would make one suggestion. IMHO I would have slightly changed the shooting position to avoid the tree and support post in the far left of the shot. I don't think you can crop it out since it covers part of the building and it would be tough to clone something like that out. If you can get there again, give it a try one step forward from where you took the shot. I think the second shot is technically perfect but the first has much more interest.

Thanks for sharing these
07-17-2007, 10:31 PM   #4

First one indeed is just be-a-u-ti-ful! Especially that dark sidewalk, it gives depth to the whole scene. Please share some more.

07-17-2007, 10:44 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
I would make one suggestion. IMHO I would have slightly changed the shooting position to avoid the tree and support post in the far left of the shot. I don't think you can crop it out since it covers part of the building and it would be tough to clone something like that out. If you can get there again, give it a try one step forward from where you took the shot. I think the second shot is technically perfect but the first has much more interest.

Thanks for sharing these
Thanks for your comments.

You are correct about the tree and the support. I didn't see these until after I worked up the shot using Photoshop. I will go back and try some other shots from a similar location, but better view and framing.
07-18-2007, 12:51 PM   #6
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by xs400 Quote
Thanks for your comments.

You are correct about the tree and the support. I didn't see these until after I worked up the shot using Photoshop. I will go back and try some other shots from a similar location, but better view and framing.
Yeah, I'm as guilty as the next guy for that at times. I can't count over the years how many times I got the film back or plugged in the card and thought "how did that tree wind up coming out of Uncle Earl's head?" After 25 years I'm still doing it.
07-18-2007, 07:03 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Great shots I don't work there but have been there a few times ( I tend to get to the Bay Area once or twice a year Redwood City ) Sure gives it a different perspective.

I realy like the first one

Last edited by daacon; 07-18-2007 at 07:57 PM.
07-18-2007, 07:30 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Amazing photos.