Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Trip to Portland
Lens: 28 - 90 mm Lens Camera: Pentax K-x Photo Location: Portland - Australia 
Posted By: Praestigium, 04-06-2010, 06:51 AM

I took a number of photos when me and some friends went to Portland for a week long fishing trip back in February, some of my favourite pictures taken while there.

An attempt at some macro photography, the subject is a red kafeya that a friend was wearing while fishing. To be honest I was pleased with this image, but I'm still new to the Macro side of things, so please critique and advise!

A sign that was near one of our fishing locations, to be honest I wanted to for a grunge look with the sign, but despite trying so many different angles I couldn't get the grainy quality of the sign.

This was a real head ache, at one point while on the beach I looked around and noticed how grey everything looked, and I personally love the colour, but this image lacks any....intensity? The different shades of grey are wrong, for lack of a better expression

Another image I would have liked to improve, my one qualm with this is that I didn't take a photo with out the fishing rod.

---

I'm after advice for taking detailed landscape photos, I want to be able to take generally wide landscapes and even maybe go on to panoramas.

What lens is generally good for these type of scenarios? My current lens is a Sigma 28 - 90 mm.

PS: Most of the photos have been slightly touched up with photoshop.
Views: 2,215
04-06-2010, 09:32 AM   #2
Inactive Account

they seem ok to me,but its good to be hard on yourself,it will make you better.
im no expert, but id say a nice wideangle lens would help you for good landscape shots.
i use a sigma 10-20mm which is an awesome lens,im sure many will agree.
also a telephoto lens and tripod is a great tool for landscape.
the best time to shoot is when the sun is low in the horizon(the golden hour)

also HDR methods will enhance landscape photography if you dont want to use graduated filters.
this will allow for good levels of detail in the whole image.
sorry now im just talkin shit.
TFS
04-07-2010, 03:56 AM   #3

Original Poster
Ahaha not at all, when I manage to get the cash I'll invest in a wide angle lens, although I have been considering perhaps going after a Macro lens....I need to scour ebay some more :P

As for HDR photos, I recently invested in a tripod to attempt some HDR and Light graffiti shots, hopefully things work out.

Thanks for the reply
04-15-2010, 04:34 AM   #4
Veteran Member

nice job...