Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Vancouver Folk Fest [many 800px images, 5/post]
Posted By: Asad_Masede, 07-17-2007, 07:09 PM

Had known about the folk fest, but never been to it, and wasn't really planning in it, either; until that is, I got a free ticket.

Fantastic music, great atmosphere and some good photos to be taken. Pity I was a bit hung-over from the night before, so I didn't stay as long or shoot as much as I'd have liked to.

Anyway, here's what I got, all with the Sigma 70-200/2.8 EX DG, great lens for such a setting. I basically use the Sigma at one aperture, which is F4, ISO 100, AWB and mostly at 200mm. Most images have been filled in with the 540fgz flash, at -0.5 on-flash EV. Processed and converted in Bibble Pro, sharpened in Lightzone.

Can make out downtown Vancouver in the background, this was near Jericho beach.

Controlling the stage:

The food:

Continued...
Views: 2,999
07-19-2007, 05:43 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great series Asad. I love your B&W conversions. They look great. I may be hitting a music festival in the area this weekend and you gave me some great ideas of what to look for.