Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Desert in Bloom (link to slide show)
Camera: K200D Photo Location: Antelope Valley, CA ISO: 200 
Posted By: geezer52, 04-08-2010, 10:21 AM

If you live in California's High Desert, you best like beige. That's the main color you get most of the year. But for maybe a month the desert grants a reprieve from color deprivation and comes aburst with colors, esp the California Poppy. Plz enjoy my short slide show. All shots were taken near Lancaster, California. If you live anywhere near, now is the time to take a photo trip. I'm sure others can do better justice to the view.

DesertBloom

Comments of course are welcome
Views: 1,567
04-08-2010, 11:18 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Beautiful display and well worth it for others to view. I enjoyed the series. I was wishing one thing near the end. A shot from up high somehow to sow the feilds more and less sky. I have an older van and will climb up on the roof to shoot down. It's a great perspective that would work from a rock, ladder or something else (not the power poles). If you can get there again before this ends, Maybe give that a try. Adding the painter to a couple shots was great.
04-08-2010, 11:26 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Very nice series of photos, I was surprised on the amount of color from all the flowers in your photos. I also like how you framed the fence post as they lead your eyes into the image.

Great job.
04-08-2010, 01:47 PM   #4
Veteran Member

beautiful colours, Nice shots.
However I am not a fan of power lines at all. To me they take away from the natural scenery. But that is just me, I suppose.

04-08-2010, 03:38 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Gorgeous desert bloom series! I guess I never realized how much beauty could be found in the desert
04-09-2010, 12:44 AM   #6

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank you all for your encouraging comments

Peter - you're absolutely right about wanting a higher perspective. This time out though I only had an hour or so to shoot. Two weeks ago there was nothing of the sort going on and this year looked like a bust. But suddenly..........Will make another foray tomorrow.

That spot with the power lines just happens to be one of the largest vistas for flower displays, every year. In some ways it makes an interesting justiposition.

What makes this desert display impressive is the scale. There are other aspects of the desert that are more subtle but still appealing
04-09-2010, 01:14 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wow nice slide show mate! Stunning colours
04-09-2010, 03:53 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

very nice perspectives and subject(s).... a real treat, thanks for sharing! dave m

04-14-2010, 07:28 PM   #9
Veteran Member

thanks for sharing...nice show