Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Pleased with A50mm f1.7 lens
Posted By: schmikey, 07-18-2007, 03:17 PM

I picked up my newly purchased A50mm f1.7 lens last week - put it on my K100D and have not taken it off yet... Have been very pleased with the quality of the photos - I have purchased a split screen focusing screen to aid in the 'fine art' of manual focus - should arrive from China any day now.

Here are a few pictures from my many outings...

[IMG][/IMG]
Views: 1,517
07-18-2007, 05:34 PM   #2
Forum Member

Hi schmikey,

These shots at the bottom look great although I can't see the picture at the top for some reason. I'm wondering if these are jpges straight from the camera or did you shoot raw? I'm getting my FA50 1.4 tomorrow and definately hope I can get results like these. Do you find the lens too "soft" at 1.7 for indoor people shots?

Thanks!
07-18-2007, 06:58 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Anthropas:

I can see all 5 pictures when I go on the website - I do find posting pictures 'rather challenging' still don't think I'm doing it right - I posted these to flikr than did a cut and paste of the url address... I don't know why they are not bigger and one under the other - oh well hopefully I will improve with practice!

As far as indoor portrait shots at f1.7, I haven't actually tried any yet - did a few at f2.0, f4.5 and have been very impressed with them - I'm amazed at the sharpness of the pictures and the color - I guess a lens does make a difference! I really am getting quite hooked on photography - it's a great pastime and digital makes it so much more accessible and fun!

Good luck with your new FA50 f1.4 - be sure to post some pictures (hopefully you'll be better at it than me!)