Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Boston red sox at fenway park
Lens: VARIOUS Camera: PENTAX ISTDS-K20D Photo Location: FENWAY PARK BOSTON ISO: 800 
Posted By: charliezap, 04-12-2010, 05:07 PM

Ah-there's nothing like the Red Sox and quaint little Fenway Park during the baseball season.These pics are my file photos from a couple of years past taken from the seats that one of my sons has a share in for the entire season--nice seats.I was lucky to snag four tickets for a table for four under the Budweiser sign in right field for July 18th against the Texas Rangers.I wonder if Jer(sailor) would be interested in going if he happened to be in the neighborhood that day? After all-he's a Texas boy now.The Bud table seats offer food and beverage served to you right at the table by the Fenway wait staff. I look forward to that day so that i can hone my sports photo technique and just plain having a great day. Dustin Pedroia is the player swinging the bat in the 2nd photo.For his size he really is a very good player.Manny is the player in the last photo.--GO RED SOX---CHARLIEZAP

Attached Images

Views: 8,094
04-12-2010, 05:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great series, you really captured some keepers here. I love the shot of the whole field, that grass sure is green.

Thanks for sharing.
04-12-2010, 05:53 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tuner571 Quote
Great series, you really captured some keepers here. I love the shot of the whole field, that grass sure is green.

Thanks for sharing.
The grounds keeping crew at Fenway really take pride on the upkeep of the field. The grass is natural and the playing surface has that red tinge especially when they wet it down.--charliezap
04-12-2010, 06:04 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Thats really cool, its good to see that some people still take pride in their work. They sure are doing a great job!

04-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tuner571 Quote
Thats really cool, its good to see that some people still take pride in their work. They sure are doing a great job!
With all the rain that we had in the Boston area the grass should do quite well for awhile at Fenway.--charliezap
04-12-2010, 07:56 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Great baseball series....you did the Red Sox proud
04-12-2010, 08:05 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PentX Girl Quote
Great baseball series....you did the Red Sox proud
Thanks Jan--It will be nice to get some nice shots from the Budweiser table seats.The photo here is the view that i'll have from that area.Chances are i'll be using my 70-300mm a lot that day.--charliezap

04-12-2010, 08:13 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Thanks Jan--It will be nice to get some nice shots from the Budweiser table seats.The photo here is the view that i'll have from that area.Chances are i'll be using my 70-300mm a lot that day.--charliezap
Oh how cool...you should get some great shots from that vantage point
04-13-2010, 03:06 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PentX Girl Quote
Oh how cool...you should get some great shots from that vantage point
I hope that there is enough room on the table for my camera gear when the table is cluttered with beer,hot dogs, and peanuts!
04-13-2010, 09:20 AM   #10

Photos: Gallery
I was born and raised on Cape Cod and so have been genetically engineered to be a lifelong Red Sox fan. As a young kid I kept trying to find Hated, New York on a map, as in the Hated New York Yankees (thus ever spoke my father). I only get to see them now when they come to play the Angels. These shots are a little old (2007?) aren't they, I see the ManRam in one of them. He's a Dodger these days.
04-13-2010, 01:30 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

love the perspective in #1... also in the bud seat..... i frequent their aaa affiliate in pawtucket. wonderful venue... and a LOT cheaper!!... hoping to get there a few times this season.. thanks for sharing!! dave m
04-13-2010, 04:18 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by geezer52 Quote
I was born and raised on Cape Cod and so have been genetically engineered to be a lifelong Red Sox fan. As a young kid I kept trying to find Hated, New York on a map, as in the Hated New York Yankees (thus ever spoke my father). I only get to see them now when they come to play the Angels. These shots are a little old (2007?) aren't they, I see the ManRam in one of them. He's a Dodger these days.
These are my file photos from 2007 era with Manny in the picture.Ever since Manny has left Boston, David Ortiz Big Papi has looked like a deer caught in the headlights and this year is no exception.There is a lot of season left so one can only hope for the best.--charliezap
04-13-2010, 04:22 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Go Sawx!

For us baseball fans, photo #1 sure is magic, isn't it?
04-14-2010, 03:05 AM   #14
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by flippedgazelle Quote
Go Sawx!

For us baseball fans, photo #1 sure is magic, isn't it?
I personally like photo #1 because it shows the charm and allure that makes Fenway Park one of Boston's top attractions.Having a decent team year after year doesn't hurt either.-charliezap
04-14-2010, 05:44 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wow - great shots of Fenway, Cpt. I love that place, and these photos define it to a "T". When we lived in Watertown in the early '70's, we could decide at 5:00 to go to a game, hope on Storrow and zip over the Fenway in minutes . . . . and simply buy tickets at the stadium. I understand it's not like that anymore .

Unfortunately, I won't be able to get to Boston in July. However, my daughter, Abbie, is running in the Marathon (her second Boston Marathon) next Monday and my wife, who is accompanying her, is looking forward to seeing the city - we haven't been there in a few years.

Jer