Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Fragrant Wisteria
Camera: Pentax K10-D Photo Location: Fayetteville, North Carolina 
Posted By: PentX Girl, 04-12-2010, 10:40 PM
















Views: 3,364
04-13-2010, 02:55 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 31,665
A nice range of colours and shots in this set. Someone has a fantastic garden which would make most people envious.
04-13-2010, 05:19 AM   #3
Veteran Member
MoiVous's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 675
Some very pleasing images Jan - nice garden too! Shame we don't have dSmelLRecorders too

I like #4, #5 & #6 the most - good colour and sharpness. The others seem a little underexposed to my eye

Cheers
04-13-2010, 07:05 AM   #4
Pentaxian
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 17,847
I can smell it now. Love it next to the deep pink of the azaleas. Sure miss the lilacs of my childhood and the wisteria is as close as it gets here in the south.

04-13-2010, 08:30 AM   #5
Veteran Member
PentX Girl's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,702
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
A nice range of colours and shots in this set. Someone has a fantastic garden which would make most people envious.
Thank you...and the smell is heavenly!
04-13-2010, 08:32 AM   #6
Veteran Member
PentX Girl's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,702
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MoiVous Quote
Some very pleasing images Jan - nice garden too! Shame we don't have dSmelLRecorders too

I like #4, #5 & #6 the most - good colour and sharpness. The others seem a little underexposed to my eye

Cheers
Thanks Chris....and you're right about the underexposed factorI loved the tree with the Wisteria and Dogwood intertwined...but the lighting was poor and I had difficulty with the exposure.
04-13-2010, 08:34 AM   #7
Veteran Member
PentX Girl's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,702
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
I can smell it now. Love it next to the deep pink of the azaleas. Sure miss the lilacs of my childhood and the wisteria is as close as it gets here in the south.
Thanks Susan I love the fragrance of Wisteria...but...I too miss the lovely fragrance of Lilacs
04-13-2010, 08:52 AM   #8
Senior Member
geezer52's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: High Desert, California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 231
Very nice, they seem so real you've activated my allergies

#'s 2, 6, and 8 are my favorites. Quite beautiful. First look on my screen they seemed a little soft but I clicked on them and the image that came up was actually smaller and everything was nice and sharp. I spent 5 years (two tours) in Virginia while in the Air Force and miss the green

04-13-2010, 10:28 AM   #9
Veteran Member
PentX Girl's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,702
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by geezer52 Quote
Very nice, they seem so real you've activated my allergies

#'s 2, 6, and 8 are my favorites. Quite beautiful. First look on my screen they seemed a little soft but I clicked on them and the image that came up was actually smaller and everything was nice and sharp. I spent 5 years (two tours) in Virginia while in the Air Force and miss the green
Glad you liked them...sorry about activating your allergies
04-13-2010, 10:45 AM   #10
Veteran Member
PentX Girl's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,702
Original Poster
Thought I would try and do a little PP on this tree...it was a beautiful tree...I'm just sorry I couldn't do it justice

04-13-2010, 11:07 AM   #11
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 232
These shots make me anxious for Spring. The exposure work you did really improves the tree.
04-13-2010, 02:15 PM   #12
Veteran Member
Tuner571's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ohio
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,550
What a very beautiful tree and your shots of it are stunning. The color and composition are really great, nice job!
04-14-2010, 02:28 AM   #13
Veteran Member
PentX Girl's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,702
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stewh Quote
These shots make me anxious for Spring. The exposure work you did really improves the tree.
Thank you...I was hoping it might
04-14-2010, 02:29 AM   #14
Veteran Member
PentX Girl's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,702
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tuner571 Quote
What a very beautiful tree and your shots of it are stunning. The color and composition are really great, nice job!
Thank you so much for the kind words!
04-14-2010, 02:34 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Rense's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Zetten - The Netherlands
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,905
Jan, great pics. I like Wisteria very much, my parents have a one. Not in flower yet...
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:21 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top