Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Some shots with the Pentax DA 10-17
Posted By: Eastern Shore Charlie, 07-20-2007, 04:47 PM

I should not of bought this lens, but LBA and the rebate got the best of me. At first I was mad at myself for buying it! You dummy you bought a fisheye! You never used a fisheye before. When will you ever use it? After owning it for almost 2 months I find that this lens is fun, a lot more versatile than I thought it would be, and has some nice qualities about it. I was surprised at the quality of pictures, sharpness and color it produces. There is the famous CA problem (The 2nd picture right hand side - windows.), but knowing this fault I still like this lens a lot and I am glad I bought it. Here are some examples.....The first shot was cropped and shot wide open. I focused on the left hand doggies eye. Not a lot of light to deal with inside a dark living room. The other two were not cropped. First 2 were shot at 10mm the last 17mm.

Last edited by Eastern Shore Charlie; 08-03-2007 at 02:32 PM.
Views: 1,305
07-20-2007, 07:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots, I love the lens, and to avoid the CA, turn them into B&W!
07-21-2007, 04:05 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks....the lens has character...
« Fern | Bird Snaps »