Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Another TC test, please comment
Posted By: cutterpup, 07-21-2007, 06:35 AM

Hi all. Last week I posted an image taken with a Tamron 70-300mm lens and a Tamron 1.4 AF TC. The general concensus was that the image was pretty poor and that the TC had a lot to do with that. This image was taken with the same TC but with an SMC Pentax-M 1:1.4 50mm prime lens. I know it is slightly over exposed, but that is my fault not the TC.
I am looking for opinions in relation to keeping this TC or not. Thanks,
Judy

Views: 1,011
07-21-2007, 08:18 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Judy,
I can see no problem with the TC it self and it could have been your choice of lens the first time. I do agree with you on the over expose. Most if not all the highlights are blown. There is a lot of compensation needed for the use of a TC I know that also, however I never use one because of the problems they do cause. Some people can get them right with no problems but I'm not one of them. I'm not saying to get rid of it but I would suggest more practice with it. Find your setting and give the TC a proper work out before making any decisions to get rid of it. I think you may find it coming in handy some time down the road. You may also want to correct or use this TC in manual and work on the focus. (but then again that could be my eyes too, they aren't really great right now.
07-21-2007, 08:23 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi Judy, I think to form a judgement on this you need to take a few shots where you are happy with the exposure. I think you need to take a few shots of different subjects also. I saw your earlier picture of the squirrel. I felt it had great composition, but as some other people said, the colours seemed unnatural for some reason. Colours look better in the flowers, allowing for over exposure. Still, I think you need to take quite a few shots with the lens/TC combination to thoroughly test it before reaching any final conclusions, perhaps also comparing similar shots just with the prime lens.

Paul
07-21-2007, 08:37 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you.I feel that with practice this TC will come in handy, but I will keep it away from the zooms.
Judy