Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Early Bloom - MN Landscape Arbortoreum
Lens: 105mm Camera: K100D Super Photo Location: Chanhassen MN 
Posted By: MrApollinax, 04-16-2010, 11:50 AM

Last weekend a friend (and fellow pentaxian) and I met up at the U of M Landscape Arboretum. The bloom has started pretty early this year here in Minnesota and in another week or two will be in full swing. Here are a few shots from that day all taken with my Sigma 105mm EX 2.8 Marco :

ISO: 200 - Exposure: 1/2000 sec - Aperture: 2.8

ISO: 200 - Exposure: 1/125 sec - Aperture: 11.0

ISO: 200 - Exposure: 1/180 sec - Aperture: 6.7

ISO: 200 - Exposure: 1/3000 sec - Aperture: 2.8

ISO: 800 - Exposure: 1/180 sec - Aperture: 11.0

ISO: 800 - Exposure: 1/90 sec - Aperture: 16.0

Views: 1,800
04-16-2010, 11:55 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice series of photos, the colors look great and your composition is really nice a well. My favorite is definitely the first one, the depth of field looks really nice in that patch of flowers. I actually took a photo really similer to that a few days ago which would explain why I like it so much.

Thanks for sharing,
Cory
04-16-2010, 01:04 PM   #3
Veteran Member

The bokeh of the first one on the top is very beautiful and very intriguing. I don't like the subject of the photo quite as much because of it, though.

The second one is very nice, I love your processing on it. I don't think that I would really change anything about it, maybe the colors a little bit though.

The third one is also a very nice photo. I really like your framing on this one.

The fourth one is one of my favorites, because of the dual colors that show up in it in the flowers, that one looks very cool.

The fifth one and the sixth one also look very nice, great photo of the bee you got there.
04-16-2010, 06:00 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tuner571 Quote
Very nice series of photos, the colors look great and your composition is really nice a well. My favorite is definitely the first one, the depth of field looks really nice in that patch of flowers. I actually took a photo really similer to that a few days ago which would explain why I like it so much.
Thanks! This is one of the reasons that I like the 105mm so much. It really can create the DOF that I want pretty easily at certain perspectives. I'm hoping to head back out there again once the apple trees start blooming.

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
The bokeh of the first one on the top is very beautiful and very intriguing. I don't like the subject of the photo quite as much because of it, though.

The second one is very nice, I love your processing on it. I don't think that I would really change anything about it, maybe the colors a little bit though.

The third one is also a very nice photo. I really like your framing on this one.

The fourth one is one of my favorites, because of the dual colors that show up in it in the flowers, that one looks very cool.

The fifth one and the sixth one also look very nice, great photo of the bee you got there.
The bee shots were pretty tricky as the patch of flowers I was shooting was filled with them (hyacinths) so as I approached 1:1 magnification I could hear the buzzing of several bees nearby. Since I was shooting everything handheld that did not make things any easier

There was another Pentax shooter that I noticed shooting as well as I was leaving. I wanted to see if he was a forum member but as I said I was already on my way out.

04-16-2010, 06:29 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Great series...I enjoyed them all