Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Diamond Days
Camera: K200D Photo Location: Northern Virginia 
Posted By: ecwoj, 04-17-2010, 06:28 PM

Sorry I keep showing the same boy, but I know for certain this father has no problem with posting his photo for c&c on this friendly forum.

Took me a while to get at least one that might be a keeper by the end of the season...It is fun watching him grow threw the lens each week though!

Attached Images

Views: 1,668
04-17-2010, 07:12 PM   #2
Millionth Poster!
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great shot caught the release of the ball and a great facial expression.
04-17-2010, 08:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I love his facial expression, but the photo itself overall is just kind of average. It seems really flat and uninteresting, a crop to better show him and make him stand out a little more from the background would help this a lot I think, and maybe some changes to your contrast and things like that would also help this photo a bit.
04-18-2010, 05:20 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Cute...just love his expression

04-18-2010, 05:55 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Very nice looking shot, you managed to capture the action very well as well as his expression. I also really like the colors in the photo and it is very sharp as well. I'm glad you got some amazing photos from what looks like a very fun day and thanks for sharing.
04-18-2010, 09:19 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks!

Thanks for the comments and views.

I went back and played a little with the contrast and some settings to see how there could be any extra pop to the photo...thanks for the feedback.

The biggest thing I am starting to calculate is the future need for a longer reaching lens. I won't be able to get on diamond with my 50-135mm forever!
04-18-2010, 09:23 AM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks

I am also taking photos for the local Little League's T-Ball divison. I'm realizing that if I was a sport photgrapher only a few from each game would be the keepers, but when you want to try and have something worthwhile for every child to post and distribute it requires a lot more work!

04-18-2010, 11:40 AM   #8
Millionth Poster!
Site Supporter

So true. I have a similar assignment this spring, but I get the whole league, from T-Ball to 18 year olds. The move to bigger glass helps, I use the 55-300 and this works well for baseball. For those action shots of kids who do not see much action try shooting during warm ups. You can get the outfielders throwing and catching balls.
Good luck
04-21-2010, 02:25 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Good take on the action scene. You managed to capture the boy's facial expression, but the photo itself, IMO, is average. The reason is that it looks "flat".
I do agree with jct's assessment that by cropping and make the boy more outstanding will be better.
Anyway, Thanks for sharing.