Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Damselfly
Lens: F 50mm/2.8 macro Camera: K10D 
Posted By: OrenMc, 04-18-2010, 06:10 AM

Just a quick handheld pop.

Views: 1,429
04-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #2
Pentaxian

It's Ok and a nice photo and all, but I don't like how the focus isn't on his eyes, where it seems like it should be. He seems just a little bit out of focus which is a little bit annoying when you're looking at it and seeing the boring stick that he's standing on being entirely in focus and him not.
04-18-2010, 02:23 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I agree, its a very nice photo, but I wish the composition was a little different so that the shot was more interesting to look at. Other then that I like the colors and the sharpness doesn't look that bad either. Thanks for sharing this great shot and I look forward in seeing more of your photos.
04-18-2010, 03:34 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
It's Ok and a nice photo and all, but I don't like how the focus isn't on his eyes, where it seems like it should be. He seems just a little bit out of focus which is a little bit annoying when you're looking at it and seeing the boring stick that he's standing on being entirely in focus and him not.
Maybe im blind, but the eye closest to the camera seems sharp.

04-19-2010, 11:14 AM   #5
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by yeatzee Quote
Maybe im blind, but the eye closest to the camera seems sharp.
The thorax looks more sharp to me. Which 50mm lens did you use on that image OrenMC?
04-19-2010, 05:56 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Blue, it was my F series 50mm macro.

I agree its not the sharpest shot. Its surely not the lenses fault though. It was just a quick jump out of the truck and a hurried shot. The damselfly blending in with the reed and my old eyes didn't help either but I just thought it was kind of cool because of natures camouflage.
04-19-2010, 06:58 PM   #7
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OrenMc Quote
Blue, it was my F series 50mm macro.

I agree its not the sharpest shot. Its surely not the lenses fault though. It was just a quick jump out of the truck and a hurried shot. The damselfly blending in with the reed and my old eyes didn't help either but I just thought it was kind of cool because of natures camouflage.
I like the shot. Those long insects are tricky hand held. That's a lot to keep in the DOF. I agree with you about the camo, especially the earth tones. I probably would have focused on its thorax.
04-19-2010, 08:10 PM   #8
Veteran Member

The hard part with a shot from this distance of insects like these is that the compound eyes make it look out of focus. I have plenty of shots where the eyes are entirely in focus (viewing 100%) but at full view it looks out of focus.

Thats what I was thinking when i viewed this image