Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Working with glass
Lens: 40mm Camera: K7 Photo Location: Home ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/2s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: TheTenaciousOne, 04-18-2010, 09:42 AM

This was my first try at going for a `studio` look after seeing some photos about glass. My first couple of goes looked a bit bland so i ended up adding the colour. Then as a joke i put my stuffed puppy in the photo and turns out i like that one more so it stayed =)
After a looking at it the day after i realise that the OoF areas are just distracting now its haunting me i didnt try f11-16. My little flash isnt the strongest ever but i figured out i could of just made the shutter speed longer and fired it twice.
Anyways any comments good/bad?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 

Views: 1,801
04-18-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I know this is a dumb question, but is that dog real? Because I really honestly can't tell. Ok, well I think he's not real, but I didn't want to make a comment about him not being real and have him actually be real, because that would just be plain embarrassing. Oh, you said in your post, I guess I should have read that.

Anyways, this is very nice, but I guess I'm not getting the point (oh, I just re-read it and noticed you put the puppy there as a joke) but I think that your lighting works pretty well for this.
04-18-2010, 02:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice looking photo and I am going to say that I think the dog is fake. I am not sure why I think that but that is the vibe I am getting. The lighting you used in this shot is really great as everything is covered in a good equal amount of light. Thanks for sharing this great shot and I hope I am right about the dog.
04-18-2010, 07:17 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Haha yea the dog is fake. Just one of those great ebay finds. Thanks for the positive feedback too. Anyway you think the shot could of been improved?

04-19-2010, 11:09 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Very "glassy" picture, I must say.
The fake dog looks real enough, if not for the glasses on the left.
This picture can be use as an advertisement and IMO the lighting and shadow is just right for this kind of picture.
Thanks for sharing, TheTenaciousOne.

Cheers.

Last edited by Pentaxie; 04-19-2010 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Typo error
04-19-2010, 11:16 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TheTenaciousOne Quote
Haha yea the dog is fake. Just one of those great ebay finds. Thanks for the positive feedback too. Anyway you think the shot could of been improved?
The only real suggestion that I would give you on this one is to put more of the dog in focus. It looks kind of strange to have the entire area of your subjects in focus except for the rear side of the dog which is out of focus. It just doesn't look right to me.