Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Damn it's hot...
Lens: 450 Camera: K-7 Photo Location: Krang Kagan, Thailand ISO: 1600 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F3.2 
Posted By: garyk, 04-18-2010, 06:18 PM

It's hot... It is so damn hot..

Views: 1,527
04-18-2010, 06:21 PM   #2
Pentaxian

I'm not sure I understand your photo, but I'll just go along with it. There's not much focusing going on here, unfortunately, at least not enough focusing where you wanted the camera to be focusing (hey how many more times can I say focusing in this post?) but I think it was a really good attempt and you definitely have the skill to go back and get one that's a lot better than this one. Oh wait, I think it's just motion blur. Damn.
04-18-2010, 06:25 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I just starting to shoot birds. It is a different world for me. I think i will try a much slower stop and shutter speed.
I hope it works...

Thanks, G
04-18-2010, 08:23 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Motion blur is due to your 1. either moving the camera when you pressed the shutter, or 2. shutter speed is too low. As I said in your other thread, nothing less than 1/500s for your shutter speed on birds. A leaf moving will cause blurriness. And if possible use a tripod.

Last edited by photolady95; 04-18-2010 at 08:28 PM.
04-19-2010, 07:13 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Too bad about the blur Gary. Bird shots are tough. That is a unique woodpecker though. What kind is it? Similar in shape to our Piliated Woodpecker.
04-19-2010, 10:00 AM   #6
Veteran Member

This is not a bad shot Gary, as slowpez said shooting birds is tough due too long focal lengths and slow shutter speeds. This shot here looks like it became victom of a slow shutter speed as it is slightly blurry. However, it is still not a bad shot as the colors are very good and the composition is nice as well. Thanks for sharing this photo and I look foward in seeing some more of your bird photos.
04-19-2010, 11:19 AM   #7
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
Motion blur is due to your 1. either moving the camera when you pressed the shutter, or 2. shutter speed is too low. As I said in your other thread, nothing less than 1/500s for your shutter speed on birds. A leaf moving will cause blurriness. And if possible use a tripod.
Woodpeckers aren't as easy to shoot as some people seem to think, especially the big ones. It is still an interesting image due to the uniqueness of the bird and the pose . . .

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
I'm not sure I understand your photo, but I'll just go along with it. There's not much focusing going on here, unfortunately, at least not enough focusing where you wanted the camera to be focusing (hey how many more times can I say focusing in this post?) but I think it was a really good attempt and you definitely have the skill to go back and get one that's a lot better than this one. Oh wait, I think it's just motion blur. Damn.
Go out and shoot some woodpeckers and report back.
04-19-2010, 11:48 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Yes, it is too bad about the blur. Bear in mind that most nature shots involving animals, especially bird shots, are not easy to execute.
With more practice, Garyk, I am sure you will get better.
Thanks for sharing though.

Cheers.