Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Lush woman on a Lush slope.
Lens: 35mm S-M-C Takumar Camera: Spotmatic SP Photo Location: Catskill Mountains ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: raymeedc, 04-18-2010, 08:22 PM

A woman with slightly slanted issues.

Attached Images

Views: 3,488
04-18-2010, 10:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

This is another example of where the artistic effect actually does work, I really like this a lot more than I would have as a photo probably. Although I really don't like the bottom darker part because it kind of just comes out of nowhere as an intrusive shadow that just doesn't really look good in the finished product.

Oh, and just a little suggestion, try posting more photos to a single thread, it's kind of annoying to have ten different threads from the same person to comment on.
04-18-2010, 11:09 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
This is another example of where the artistic effect actually does work, I really like this a lot more than I would have as a photo probably. Although I really don't like the bottom darker part because it kind of just comes out of nowhere as an intrusive shadow that just doesn't really look good in the finished product.

Oh, and just a little suggestion, try posting more photos to a single thread, it's kind of annoying to have ten different threads from the same person to comment on.
How would you increase your post count if they did that?? Oh, I know, separate post for each photo.. Also annoying.

04-18-2010, 11:13 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I immediately think of Monet when I look at this image.

04-18-2010, 11:18 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster

I actually like the fact that she (my daughter) is stranded in a stream of light sandwiched between corresponding sloping shadowed portions (although I might have worked a bit more on bringing out more lightened detail in the lower shadowed portion).
I will, however, take your suggestion & post more than one photo per thread when feasible.

Last edited by raymeedc; 04-20-2010 at 07:31 AM.
04-18-2010, 11:42 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike L Quote

I agree totally.
04-18-2010, 11:44 PM   #7
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That's art.
I don't fancy this type of filter but I do like the way this image has turned out with this PP work.
Thanks for sharing.

04-18-2010, 11:47 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
How would you increase your post count if they did that?? Oh, I know, separate post for each photo.. Also annoying.

I have every right to comment on any photo that I like, and if the person is putting them all out there then there's not really much I can do about it, I'm not going to comment on every single photo in a single thread, that's just silly. I was just offering them a suggestion, just like I offered you.
04-19-2010, 01:37 AM   #9
Veteran Member

It looks more like a painting than a photograph, IMO. This is another sample of the artistic effect mixed with photography.
Only one comment, IMO, the bottom part is darker and bottom out which does not look in place from the picture overall.
Anyway, Thanks for sharing.
Cheers.
04-19-2010, 05:17 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Wow, very nice shot! The colors are really great and I really like the effect that you used on this photo. It is very well done and if I didn't know that this was a photography forum I would have assumed that this was a painting, thanks for sharing.
04-19-2010, 06:23 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

lovely play mixing photography (and vintage glass to boot) and art... the result, another intriguing composition... dave m
04-20-2010, 07:33 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike L Quote
Monet has been ripping me off for far too long, & it's beginning to wear on me.
04-20-2010, 10:10 AM   #13
Veteran Member

I have every right to comment on any photo that I like, and if the person is putting them all out there then there's not really much I can do about it, I'm not going to comment on every single photo in a single thread, that's just silly. I was just offering them a suggestion, just like I offered you.
I think his comment about the posting count was not directed towards you but possibly towards the original poster? but i could be wrong.

To the original poster I like the treatment of the picture and I agree with the idea of her being in a beam of light between the darkness. sort of symbolic if you ask me.
04-20-2010, 05:07 PM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by raymeedc Quote
Monet has been ripping me off for far too long, & it's beginning to wear on me.
You should build a garden with a little red bridge, he'll never think of that.
04-20-2010, 05:36 PM   #15
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
I think his comment about the posting count was not directed towards you but possibly towards the original poster? but i could be wrong.

To the original poster I like the treatment of the picture and I agree with the idea of her being in a beam of light between the darkness. sort of symbolic if you ask me.
No, it was directed at him. I'm not going into why, just childish BS on my part mostly, and in most ways I think about it I come out looking bad. My comment in this thread should have been directed at the posted photo and it wasn't. Any rude comments I have to make towards people should be made directly in PM form and it should be left there. I don't make such comments often but when I do, that's where it should be. Rude of me to take it there, in open forum, for any reason and I apologize to JCT and the OP. My Netiquette is improving over the years but isn't quite there yet .

As far as the Photo goes, I like the idea but would like to see it more subtly done. It's a little too shiny looking for my taste of a photo converted to a painted look. Good idea and decent effort though.