Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
An Upside Down Moth
Posted By: eaglem, 04-19-2010, 03:30 PM

They love to hide under leaves.

Views: 1,081
04-19-2010, 03:32 PM   #2
Pentaxian

I love the green ambience that this photo has, it's really cool. your subject however still looks a litle bit soft to me, like the photo of the fly and the ladybug that you posted last night. I'm a little curious as to why they're all so soft, is it the forum compressing them when you upload them or did you do something that blurred them a little bit or made the focus miss the point just slightly? I would love this one so much more if the moth wasn't slightly out of focus and or blurry. It's still really nice though. I really do love that green in this photo too.
04-19-2010, 04:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is another nice photo, however, I would agree that the photo does look a little on the soft side. I believe that this is being caused by you pushing the boundaries of your lens. I noticed that in your sig you have listed Kenko extension tubes. These may allow you to get close to your subjects but they will also really hurt your image quality as I believe is happening here. If I were you I would pick up a dedicated macro lens and I believe that your photos will be much sharper.
04-19-2010, 04:17 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Yes I'll have to work out why I'm losing a sharp focus just as the photo is taken.

04-19-2010, 08:21 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tuner571 Quote
This is another nice photo, however, I would agree that the photo does look a little on the soft side. I believe that this is being caused by you pushing the boundaries of your lens. I noticed that in your sig you have listed Kenko extension tubes. These may allow you to get close to your subjects but they will also really hurt your image quality as I believe is happening here. If I were you I would pick up a dedicated macro lens and I believe that your photos will be much sharper.
According to his signature he has two dedicated macro lenses....

And extension tubes will not degrade IQ.