Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
First Image from my Banff / Jasper Trip last week
Lens: 12-24 Camera: K20 Photo Location: Banff Alberta ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/20s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: Jimbo, 04-19-2010, 05:01 PM

Here is one of the 700 photo's I took this week on a trip to Jasper, Banff and Lake Louise. Should take a month or so to weed through them. JIMBO

Views: 1,196
04-19-2010, 05:17 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is a very nice photo Jimbo, the colors are astounding and your composition is flawless. I also really like the crystal clear reflection in the pond. I hope to someday travel out west to get photos like this, but until then thanks for sharing this great photo.
04-19-2010, 05:17 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Wow! Amazing reflection of the mountains on the water. The colors are as beautiful as the place itself
04-19-2010, 05:21 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
This is a very nice photo Jimbo, the colors are astounding and your composition is flawless. I also really like the crystal clear reflection in the pond. I hope to someday travel out west to get photos like this, but until then thanks for sharing this great photo
Thanks for your kind words. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Wow! Amazing reflection of the mountains on the water. The colors are as beautiful as the place itself
Just one beautiful morning. I think this is day three of four. I will post more later in order of days. Cheers JIM

04-19-2010, 05:37 PM   #5

That looks great! I loved the area around Bannff!
04-19-2010, 06:09 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
That looks great! I loved the area around Bannff!
Thank you. Love the area too. Better time to go is mid June though. A lot of the lakes were still frozen. JIM
04-19-2010, 06:26 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

G'day Jim,
Beautiful. and well captured.
Gonna look forward to this series.
Cheers mate.
04-19-2010, 06:54 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Crisp and clean, my friend. Another great job.

Jer

04-19-2010, 07:18 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Nicely done Jim...I know it's the beaver pond area I think...it is a great place to shoot there with the neat reflections. June/July Aug/September is just too damn expensive and too damn crowded in Banff IMHO...now and until the end of May is a great time to go b/c it is b/w seasons. Skiing is ending and high season has not yet begun. I am taking a friend there photo touring the first week of May.
Just thought I would throw it out there for anybody who might be thinking of going.
04-19-2010, 07:57 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
G'day Jim,
Beautiful. and well captured.
Gonna look forward to this series.
Cheers mate
Thanks Grant. So many to go through. Cheers JIM

QuoteQuote:
Crisp and clean, my friend. Another great job.

Jer
Thank you buddy. It was a great trip though most of the large lakes were still frozen over. This one is right outside Banff. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Nicely done Jim...I know it's the beaver pond area I think...it is a great place to shoot there with the neat reflections. June/July Aug/September is just too damn expensive and too damn crowded in Banff IMHO...now and until the end of May is a great time to go b/c it is b/w seasons. Skiing is ending and high season has not yet begun. I am taking a friend there photo touring the first week of May.
Just thought I would throw it out there for anybody who might be thinking of going.
I agree, Summer is a bit of a problem with people and $$'s. May is awesome time to go. This was taken at a place Vermillion Lakes which is only five minutes from down town. I shot over a 100 imagesa at this location alone. JIM
04-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like this. If it were me, I'd crop out the log in the foreground - would look like a panorama and emphasize the sweep of the mountains across the image.
04-23-2010, 02:04 PM   #12
Inactive Account

Nice scene and great colors/reflection but, it needs a 0.5 tilt to the right.
04-23-2010, 02:06 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
like this. If it were me, I'd crop out the log in the foreground - would look like a panorama and emphasize the sweep of the mountains across the image.
I did just that on another photo. Appreciate the feedback. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Nice scene and great colors/reflection but, it needs a 0.5 tilt to the right.
Tough on my eye as I was looking at the trees on the right. I can nerver seem to get it dead on. JIM
04-23-2010, 02:08 PM   #14
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Tough on my eye as I was looking at the trees on the right. I can nerver seem to get it dead on. JIM
I had the same issues with my BC/Alberta trip in 08, 600 odd photos makes the eyes go buggy.
04-23-2010, 02:11 PM   #15
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
I had the same issues with my BC/Alberta trip in 08, 600 odd photos makes the eyes go buggy
720 on this trip. Oh, I promise not to show all 720!! Will keep about 50 at most. JIM