Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Architectural Details
Posted By: Workingdog, 04-19-2010, 05:39 PM

Some details of the Our Lady of Victory Basilica.

Last edited by Workingdog; 02-02-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Views: 1,446
04-19-2010, 06:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Oh, that last one is very nice (seems to be a theme for me today) and I think that it works the best for the subject. The other ones are good and all, but the last one is really powerful at least to me. I think if you would make it a black and white it would also look very nice, you should try doing that.
04-19-2010, 10:57 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Love your #4 & #5 pictures, workingdog.
The coloured glass brings out the "Oomph" in the picture. Then the last one is simply outstanding. Like jct us101 said, "it works the best for the subject."

Thank you for sharing and have a nice day.

Cheers.
04-19-2010, 11:16 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Certainly some architectural brilliance here.
Phenomenal structure.
Reasonably well captured, perhaps a little flat on the rendition - could do with a good boost of clarity and perhaps a touch of HDR effect. But nonetheless a fine series.

04-19-2010, 11:16 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

These are all beautiful. I love them! Unlike everyone else, while I like the last one a LOT, I think the "dove in the center" photo is also super. Something about that one just grabs me.

But look at the second one. First, I'd suggest cropping enough of the top to remove the spotlight at the top edge that distracts me.

Then, notice that the stained glass scene and the fresco/mural scene seem to be the same portrayal: birth of Jesus. But with one having reflected light and one having transmitted light, it's almost a dreamlike combination. Just a bit of cropping and that would really be a super photo. (imho)

These are really great ... I find myself looking back over them again and again. Thanks for sharing them.