Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
some random stuff with my 40mm Limited
Lens: 40mm Camera: K200D Photo Location: various 
Posted By: khardur, 04-19-2010, 05:43 PM

Just some random stuff - I've been neglecting the forums, probably because I have no shot at winning the prizes in the latest contest. j/k but life has been rather busy lately so I haven't had a lot of time for chat here...

My wife and her belly:

My son being his usual self, (all mischief):

and one from a quick jaunt to the local cemetery at dusk the other night...

Views: 1,595
04-19-2010, 06:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

The first one is adorable, she seems strong and fragile at the same time (not sure if I explained that well, but I really like the photo).

The second one is really cute, I love the white background and the expression on his face. The framing is great too.

The last one is just Ok, honestly, not nearly as awesome as the other two, but I really do still like it although it's not really that technically perfect. I do like the cold kind of feeling that it gives me when I look at it though.
04-19-2010, 11:14 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The first potraiture shot is adorable.
The second featuring a boy in red with white bacground is simply outstanding. At least, IMO, the bright white background may sometimes interfere with the camera setting, but you took the picture well.
The thirdone featuring the dusk picture reflects the mood. But IMO it may appeared to be heavily PP.

Just my 2 cents worth of opinion.

Cheers.
04-20-2010, 02:24 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
thanks to both of you for the feedback.

I'm not surprised the least favorite is the cemetery shot, yes I did do a bit more PP on that than usual. I suppose it would work better if maybe those two trees in the background weren't there, or I had a better position so they weren't in that exact spot.

I wasn't sure the reaction I'd get from #2, I liked it but wasn't sure if anyone else would.

04-20-2010, 04:16 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is a very nice series of photos, I really like the first one as it is very sharp and the PP job looks great as well. I also really like the second one with your son, the lighting is great as is the background, thanks for sharing.

Cory
04-20-2010, 06:48 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Nicely don Dan and congrats on the new addition. The boy is growing up.
04-20-2010, 08:49 PM   #7

Photos: Albums
I love the expression on the boy's face in #2. Classic! Great job!

04-21-2010, 02:25 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Nicely don Dan and congrats on the new addition. The boy is growing up.
Thanks Dave! Yes it's pretty amazing, I could search my posts over the years here and see him from quite a ways back, he still had the baby face when I first got on the forums here - now he's definitely growing up!
Life definitely goes by too fast - trust me I savor every moment, but it still seems to go too quick.

QuoteOriginally posted by Tuner571 Quote
This is a very nice series of photos, I really like the first one as it is very sharp and the PP job looks great as well. I also really like the second one with your son, the lighting is great as is the background, thanks for sharing.

Cory
Thanks Cory! the DA40 is my sharpest lens by far, and it nails the focus 99% of the time for me. I did do add a little blur, I wanted all the attention to be on her face and her hands.

QuoteOriginally posted by JP_Seattle Quote
I love the expression on the boy's face in #2. Classic! Great job!
Thanks JP.