Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
One Thousand and Flowers
Camera: Pentax K7 Photo Location: Michigan 
Posted By: JeffJS, 04-19-2010, 07:00 PM

I thought for my 1000th post here on Pentax forums, I would post something pretty to look at (or at least I think so).. These are from my Mother's garden which is a legacy since she passed away in Feb 2009. It still will bloom every year for years to come I hope... Enjoy...

DFA100mm f2.8 WR @ f2.8 These are about the size of a dime.

Same lens, same setting

Same lens again, at f5.6

FA77mm Ltd @ f2.5

FA77mm Ltd @ f1.8

DA15mm Ltd @ f4

DA15mm Ltd @ f4 (there's a focus point somewhere in the middle)

Not in the garden and not nature but...

DFA100mm f2.8 @ f5.6

And finally, also not a garden photo..

DA15mm Ltd @ f4

Views: 1,896
04-19-2010, 07:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Your dog looks exactly like my old dog, zippy (don't ask why he was named that, was not my idea). Awww, I miss him! Anyways, these are all some very good photos. I like the dog ones the most (I love dogs though so that would probably explain why) but the flower photos are very nicely framed and composed. I really like all of them.
04-19-2010, 07:49 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
His Royal Houndness thanks you very much....

I've seen several that look like him. He's pretty much fed up with me and my cameras though. Once in awhile, I'll get him looking straight on... but it is rare.

Or maybe enjoying a scratch at his favorite bush...

Other times he'll give me his WTF are You looking at look....

Or, Taken with an IR K20d..

Usually though, it's duck and cover..

and check to see if the one eyed creature is still lurking about..

That is unless there is something special in it for him...

But sometimes he does make a mistake or his cousin does... Can't tell which (sorry, taken with a Panasonic FZ20)

Typically though, after a treat, he is as happy as can be and it's time for a raukus laugh...

04-19-2010, 10:53 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Love your flower and hound series, Jeff. The dog looks ferocious. I would not want to be his food, though.
But I find the second picture a wee soft (or is it my monitor screen got screwed up). Anyway, Thanks for sharing.

Cheers.

04-20-2010, 02:17 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice series of the flowers and the hound. Great colors on the flowers. Funny hound pics
04-20-2010, 07:14 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxie Quote
Love your flower and hound series, Jeff. The dog looks ferocious. I would not want to be his food, though.
But I find the second picture a wee soft (or is it my monitor screen got screwed up). Anyway, Thanks for sharing.
Cheers.
Thank you. It's entirely possible that parts of the flower in the second shot are out of focus. That shot was made as close as I could get with a 100mm macro wide open at f2.8. So I doubt it's your screen and you are seeing what you think you are. I will say these photos look jaw dropping incredible on the HDTV.
Yep, that dog is ferocious .. He is not nearly as intimidating as his predecessor...

04-20-2010, 07:14 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rustynail925 Quote
Nice series of the flowers and the hound. Great colors on the flowers. Funny hound pics

Thanks a bunch Rusty!!

04-20-2010, 04:00 PM   #8
Veteran Member

That is a really beautiful garden and I am sorry to hear about your mom. Her garden looks very special and you captured that beautifully with your first shot. The dark purples and greens make that photo great as well as the water on the flower pedal.

Thanks for sharing,
Cory
04-20-2010, 04:34 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tuner571 Quote
That is a really beautiful garden and I am sorry to hear about your mom. Her garden looks very special and you captured that beautifully with your first shot. The dark purples and greens make that photo great as well as the water on the flower pedal.

Thanks for sharing,
Cory
You caught the water!! I wondered if anyone would notice that and purposely didn't point it out. Good eye, Cory!

Thanks for the comments, always appreciated even in the cases where I don't agree

04-20-2010, 08:58 PM   #10

Photos: Albums
I really dig #1. Great Dof and focus on that middle flower. Colors are wonderful. Great job!
04-20-2010, 10:45 PM   #11

What a great tribute for your Mother!

Love that lab too! (-: