Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Joy of Spring
Posted By: JMR, 04-20-2010, 09:26 AM

Here are a few shots to help usher in and celebrate the joy of spring, especially for us photographers.
First is the mysterious old man that guards the park. The light was harsh but the angle perfect for depicting his character and texture.
Then we have an image, done Orton-style, just to help accentuate the feeling of a walk through the park in the spring.
Then our traditional but beautiful buds and blossoms.
Then we have a triple in-camera exposure, for fun and for spring!
Finally, one I really like but where the depth of field could have been better if my eyes were better, since I used manual focus and only managed three flowerettes in focus!

JMR

Last edited by JMR; 05-10-2010 at 04:02 AM.
Views: 1,735
04-21-2010, 11:32 AM   #16
JMR
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Yes, I enjoyed these too JMR - your unique PP work adds a characteristic flair to your work.
Well done and thanks for sharing them.
QuoteOriginally posted by rustynail925 Quote
Cool series. Last one was excellent
QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Well done JMR, you consistently create quite artistic, emotive shots - I enjoy them. My favourites from this set are 3 and 4, very nice!
QuoteOriginally posted by miss_alexx Quote
Very artistic series. I think my favorite one is the fourth for the composition and the colors.
QuoteOriginally posted by coachteeter Quote
What a great spring series!

I like the muted colors in the 2nd shot1
Many thanks for all the comments. I like to experiment and not always be literal in my presentation. And Coacheteer, I love muted colours and scenes, but many people do not and often mistake them for poor light or underexposure. Se la vie.

JMR