Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Bumble Bee
Lens: 12mm Camera: K-7 Photo Location: Vancouver B.C. 
Posted By: Pentaxor, 04-20-2010, 11:40 AM

I took this shot during my visit at the Vancouver International Auto Show last month. was sick during this time so I wasn't able too take a lot more photos. had to bail out after an hour. anyway, this car specifically got my attention, thanks to Michael Bay. and yeah, it is one of the favorites during the car show.

Views: 1,540
04-20-2010, 12:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hey this looks familiar from another thread! I liked it there and like it here. Great use of the DA 12-24mm to get an interesting perspective distortion on the car. Though of course this means those poor people look a little like they are from rubber chicken land!

One thing I would note is that the car is almost symmetrical in the frame. It is that "almost" that causes a bit of discomfort in the viewer, like when a horizon is not quite straight.

Nice colours and highlights.
04-20-2010, 12:40 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Hey this looks familiar from another thread! I liked it there and like it here. Great use of the DA 12-24mm to get an interesting perspective distortion on the car. Though of course this means those poor people look a little like they are from rubber chicken land!

One thing I would note is that the car is almost symmetrical in the frame. It is that "almost" that causes a bit of discomfort in the viewer, like when a horizon is not quite straight.

Nice colours and highlights.
no it's not. this one is the real thing. the other one is a fake. j/k

anyway, thanks Robin. your observation about the symmetry is correct. I could had stepped back a lil bit to give more room and symmetrical adjustment more pleasant to look at at such an angle. and Yes, it is also one of my favorite cars in that event.
04-20-2010, 02:35 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very cool looking shot of a very cool car! I really like the colors as the yellow on the car really pops from the photograph. I also like the effect made by the lens as it gives the photo and unique look that you don't see to often.

Thanks for sharing.

04-20-2010, 03:56 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Bumblebee! I miss poor old Bumblebee. Anyways, this is great, and I love your use of wide angle here, the only thing that I don't really like are the people in it, who feel kind of distracting and out of place for the subject that you were trying to convey here.
04-20-2010, 04:19 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
Bumblebee! I miss poor old Bumblebee. Anyways, this is great, and I love your use of wide angle here, the only thing that I don't really like are the people in it, who feel kind of distracting and out of place for the subject that you were trying to convey here.
please, not the beetle or Volks.

Thanks. and yes, I would have loved it if those 2 men weren't around. I could had opted to do some cloning and further pp work done removing a few more clutters (people and stand) but retaining the background since I like the feel of isolation of the Camaro to it's surroundings (cars and floor) that makes it stand out. or I could do further extensive pp work by cropping out the Camaro alone and put it in a much better background like a road or a mono-trio colored background. I might just do that, but I might not post the finished product here either.
04-20-2010, 04:24 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
please, not the beetle or Volks.

Thanks. and yes, I would have loved it if those 2 men weren't around. I could had opted to do some cloning and further pp work done removing a few more clutters (people and stand) but retaining the background since I like the feel of isolation of the Camaro to it's surroundings (cars and floor) that makes it stand out. or I could do further extensive pp work by cropping out the Camaro alone and put it in a much better background like a road or a mono-trio colored background. I might just do that, but I might not post the finished product here either.
It almost feels like just putting it in an all black background (pretty easy to do in photoshop with the cloning tool, at least people tell me that) would look a lot better because of the color and vibrance of the car itself. I think it would look really cool though, especially with that perspective that you took the photo from.
04-20-2010, 04:54 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
It almost feels like just putting it in an all black background (pretty easy to do in photoshop with the cloning tool, at least people tell me that) would look a lot better because of the color and vibrance of the car itself. I think it would look really cool though, especially with that perspective that you took the photo from.
I know what you mean. something like a poster or billboard cover ad. black would generally be the ideal color. generic color in a way but very effective and easy since it's only a mono-color and gives more pop to the image. another alternative would be a silvery gray background. and yes, the thing that I really like on this one is the implementation of perspective distortion which is not a usual practice done for such type of car shots.

04-20-2010, 08:56 PM   #9

Photos: Albums
Awesome shot of an awesome car. I love transformers and Camaros! Did you see the silver Vette from Transformers 2 at the auto show? It was at the Seattle show. Pretty cool!
04-20-2010, 09:59 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JP_Seattle Quote
Awesome shot of an awesome car. I love transformers and Camaros! Did you see the silver Vette from Transformers 2 at the auto show? It was at the Seattle show. Pretty cool!
NO ! but I did see a black vette along side of it. I can't recall if I was able to take some shots of the vette since I wasn't feeling too good during that day. I didn't return the following day as well and opted to stay at home and get some rest for the rest of the rain-filled week.

the vette looks pretty cool though.
04-20-2010, 11:35 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Thats a pretty neat shot of a Camaro. The car really stands out