Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Day One Jasper
Lens: 12-24 Camera: K20 Photo Location: Jasper Alberta ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F13.5 
Posted By: Jimbo, 04-20-2010, 11:48 AM

I wanted to work through a number of photo's I took last week visiting Jasper, Banff and Lake Louise and add to this post as new images are processed. The first image is just outside Jasper and was #1 on the trip. The next one is with Mount Robson in the back ground. Yuo can also walk to a lake [2.5 k] but the lake was still frozen so not worth the trip. I could spend days hear and not get all the beautiful images available. I am not even sure I did the ones I got justice. Hope you enjoy the series. Cheers JIM

Views: 1,195
04-20-2010, 12:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hey Jimbo, what a nice place to take a trip! I have been through that way twice, though it is getting to be along time ago now.

I would say that the first shot is missing a centre of interest, though the bridge itself over the river could have provided one if you had a longer focal to have it fill the frame.

But the second image is a classic, with the log leading the eye into the frame and lots of interest at different depths. It does seem a little cluttered, especially on the right-hand side of the frame. But without being there (yes, please!) I can't say if it could have been any better.

Thanks for sharing these. Ah... mountains!
04-20-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
love the perspective in #2... thanks for sharing jim... dave m
04-20-2010, 02:44 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Jimbo, you sure know how to make a guy jealous! Out of the photos that you posted I really like the second one the best. The composition is perfect and the blues in the sky really make this photo pop. Thanks for sharing these great photos and I look forward is seeing the rest of your photos from your trip.

04-20-2010, 03:27 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey buddy - number 2 is wonderful - all three are nice. Man, what a beautiful place.

Jer
04-20-2010, 03:36 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Beautiful landscape...just love number 2 Jim...can't wait to see the rest!
04-20-2010, 03:52 PM   #7
Pentaxian

The second photo is my favorite from all of these, but I do like all of them a lot. The wide angle kind of panoramic feel that the second one has with the detail in the foreground, background, and in the sky just works so well for me, and makes me wish that I could visit that place too.
04-20-2010, 04:46 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Hey Jimbo, what a nice place to take a trip! I have been through that way twice, though it is getting to be along time ago now.

I would say that the first shot is missing a centre of interest, though the bridge itself over the river could have provided one if you had a longer focal to have it fill the frame.

But the second image is a classic, with the log leading the eye into the frame and lots of interest at different depths. It does seem a little cluttered, especially on the right-hand side of the frame. But without being there (yes, please!) I can't say if it could have been any better.

Thanks for sharing these. Ah... mountains!
Appreciate you commenting. Hey, the first image was my favorite of the trip as it was the first one I took!! I agree maybe at 200mm it would show off the bridge better. I did about 10 angles on the second shot. Will see if there is anything beter. JIM

QuoteQuote:
love the perspective in #2... thanks for sharing jim... dave m
Thanks Dave. It was really tough lighting with the mountian snow on the edge of being blown out. JIM

QuoteQuote:
, you sure know how to make a guy jealous! Out of the photos that you posted I really like the second one the best. The composition is perfect and the blues in the sky really make this photo pop. Thanks for sharing these great photos and I look forward is seeing the rest of your photos from your trip
I think I took about 15 from this location. Will be posting more tomorrow night. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Hey buddy - number 2 is wonderful - all three are nice. Man, what a beautiful place.

Jer
THanks Jer. I have many more to come for the series and it gets better. Cheers JIM

QuoteQuote:
Beautiful landscape...just love number 2 Jim...can't wait to see the rest!
Thanks Jan. Next post will be tomorrow night when I get home from traveling. JIM
QuoteQuote:
The second photo is my favorite from all of these, but I do like all of them a lot. The wide angle kind of panoramic feel that the second one has with the detail in the foreground, background, and in the sky just works so well for me, and makes me wish that I could visit that place too
Thank you for commentin. JIM

04-20-2010, 06:44 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Damn it Jim (ala Bones McCoy) ... I should havebeen there .... next time ! Those shots do the place justice - god's country indeed.
04-20-2010, 06:49 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Amazing part of the world.
Number 2 is an absolute cracker, love the log leading us into the shot.
A real spring-snow feel to it, too.
Top stuff...
04-20-2010, 08:47 PM   #11

Photos: Albums
I love #2. The contrast of the mountain and sky are wonderful! Great skills!
04-20-2010, 11:47 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Damn it Jim (ala Bones McCoy) ... I should havebeen there .... next time ! Those shots do the place justice - god's country indeed.

QuoteQuote:
Amazing part of the world.
Number 2 is an absolute cracker, love the log leading us into the shot.
A real spring-snow feel to it, too.
Top stuff...
Thank you for your kind words. JIM

QuoteQuote:
JP_Seattle I love #2. The contrast of the mountain and sky are wonderful! Great skills!
Thank you. I have manyt more from this location. JIM