Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Flowering pear blooms
Lens: Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F2.8 @ 170 Camera: K20D Photo Location: Sandy, Utah ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/1000s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: scatron, 04-20-2010, 02:44 PM

The fall after she was born, we planted a tree that would be in bloom around our daughter's birthday on April 19. We were a little worried about this year - nothing showing a week before her birthday, but a series of warm days brought out the blooms just in time:

This was 2 days before her birthday. No post-processing, just a crop. Shot at 1/1000 since the wind was blowing a little. Any comments welcomed.
Views: 1,561
04-20-2010, 03:48 PM   #2
Veteran Member

This is very nice! The flowers look like they're pretty much in perfect focus, and this is a very sharp photo. I'm not sure if I really like your background though, it looks like it is a little too murky for me, especially for the bright and colorful subject that you have. Maybe if you put this in a black and white it might help, but I think it might look nice in black and white anyways.
04-20-2010, 03:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Nice to see your Per Blossoms...ours were gone before I could even get a picture
I think we went straight from winter to summer in North Carolina this year
04-20-2010, 03:53 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very beautiful shot of some very beautiful flowers. The photo is very sharp and the background looks great with all that green bokeh. I also like the colors as they make this image look very lifelike and alive, thanks for sharing.

04-20-2010, 09:14 PM   #5

Photos: Albums
Awesome sharp photo! Great depth of field. I love blossoming trees. They are one of my favorite subjects to photograph.
04-21-2010, 12:03 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This is a nice picture.
Imagine, even with a little wind you still manage to get the main subject in focus and cut down on the blur. Great job!
The bokeh surrounding the subjects looks very nice.
Thank you for sharing.
04-21-2010, 09:13 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
This is very nice! The flowers look like they're pretty much in perfect focus, and this is a very sharp photo. I'm not sure if I really like your background though, it looks like it is a little too murky for me, especially for the bright and colorful subject that you have. Maybe if you put this in a black and white it might help, but I think it might look nice in black and white anyways.
I thought the murk sort of helps the flower pop out of the background better. I'll have to try a black & white version.

QuoteOriginally posted by PentX Girl Quote
Nice to see your Per Blossoms...ours were gone before I could even get a picture
I think we went straight from winter to summer in North Carolina this year
That happens here also. Wind and spring storm do a number on the blooms.

QuoteOriginally posted by Tuner571 Quote
Very beautiful shot of some very beautiful flowers. The photo is very sharp and the background looks great with all that green bokeh. I also like the colors as they make this image look very lifelike and alive, thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the comments. The green background is a juniper bush and the yellowish background is a forsythia.

QuoteOriginally posted by JP_Seattle Quote
Awesome sharp photo! Great depth of field. I love blossoming trees. They are one of my favorite subjects to photograph.
Me too. We also have some ornamental plums that weren't quite ready yet.

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxie Quote
This is a nice picture.
Imagine, even with a little wind you still manage to get the main subject in focus and cut down on the blur. Great job!
The bokeh surrounding the subjects looks very nice.
Thank you for sharing.
Thanks. I appreciate the comments.
04-21-2010, 09:59 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Lovely blossons and the shot is great as it is... but also I would love to see a close-up with a flower filling the frame (or nearly so). That way we could marvel at the structure. Just a suggestion for where you can go from here.

04-21-2010, 10:01 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice!! We have a Bradford Pear in the back yard - great looking trees.