Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Return to sender (slow shutter tennis)
Lens: 55.0 mm Camera: Pentax K7 Photo Location: University of Washington ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/2s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: coachteeter, 04-20-2010, 11:01 PM

I was at the indoor tennis arena at the University of Washington. It was hard to get the lighting right with fast shutter speed, so I experimented with some slow shutter shots. I like how this shot has the ball equidistant from the racket approaching the player and being returned.

Not the most technically great shot, but I thought I'd share anyway. No PP, other than cropping.

Views: 1,122
04-20-2010, 11:06 PM   #2
Pentaxian

I like the general idea here, but I think if you would have put your camera on a tripod and done the long exposure that it would have looked a lot better. I agree this one does have some very interesting aspects especially with the trajectory of the ball, but I would like to only see that out of focus, not the whole thing, I suppose.
04-20-2010, 11:14 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
You're absolutely right.

This one is probably a little more technically sound, since everything but the player and ball are clear.