Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Hibiscus
Lens: tamron sp24-135 Camera: k100d Photo Location: hyderabad ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: svsrao, 04-21-2010, 07:40 AM

hi all
here's an attempt to capture the colors of a hibiscus for your comments please.
svsrao.

Attached Images

Views: 1,430
04-21-2010, 08:03 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice work with some complementary colors
04-21-2010, 10:06 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The background bokeh is a bit distracting, but if you ducked the brightness on it, one would not notice so much. You might also want to simultaneously highlight the flower a bit. Dodge and burn is still a great adn useful technique in the digital age.

But the main issue is that the stamen is not in focus even though the petals are. For this distance and with flowers so deep, you need to stop down more and also get exact focus. It is difficult and takes much practice.

But this is a great step on the way -- hope to see more.
04-21-2010, 10:25 AM   #4
Veteran Member

This is a very nice shot, the colors are great and bright. However, I do wish that all the flower was in focus. The pedals look good but the tip of the flower is really out of focus and that really hurts it. next time try stopping down your lens so that you will have a greater DOF.

04-21-2010, 10:31 AM   #5
Nubi

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
The background bokeh is a bit distracting, but if you ducked the brightness on it, one would not notice so much. You might also want to simultaneously highlight the flower a bit. Dodge and burn is still a great adn useful technique in the digital age.

But the main issue is that the stamen is not in focus even though the petals are. For this distance and with flowers so deep, you need to stop down more and also get exact focus. It is difficult and takes much practice.

But this is a great step on the way -- hope to see more.

Very good point about having to stop down a bit. Much agreed. On the other hand, I wonder how you would do if you just focused right on the stamen, and let the pedals be. I suppose if I was to do that, I need to get down and shoot from a lower angle a bit. It certainly depends on which part of the flower you want to emphasize.
04-21-2010, 06:15 PM   #6

Original Poster
hi
thanks for your nice comments. shall give a try next time.