Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Nature pics in the rain (LARGE)
Lens: Fa 50 Macro Camera: k10D Photo Location: Creek ISO: 400 Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: bayareahdv, 04-21-2010, 08:48 PM

Not all the best photo's ... but i'm just glad I didn't eat mud, I sometimes forget to look where i'm walking when taking pics lol

Humming Bird's ..... wish there was more light but heck it was raining

Fish Jumping

More

Last edited by bayareahdv; 04-21-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Views: 2,569
04-21-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Wow, that was a lot of photos, now that my computer has recovered from the photo dump on it, I'll get to commenting. First off, rainy photos are cool, and it's awesome that pretty much only Pentax lets you do them, but there's a lot of focus problems in your photos. They're all very nice and all, but a lot of your bird photos don't even have the bird very visible or even in focus, and those ones you should just throw out. The rest of the photos are very nice though, especially the last photo that you posted. I love the little bridge. Where in the Bay Area are you anyways? This park looks slightly and vaguely familiar, but it probably isn't, and it probably looks familiar because most parks kind of look the same most of the time. Anyways, these are all nice photos.
04-21-2010, 08:57 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I took even more than that lol, you have no idea how frustrating it can be with two humming birds zipping all around you feet away and not being able to get the shutter speed up and the camera to auto focus faster / on the small hummingbird.

I will be out again next week in the sun with my k-x & da 55-300 well see if the quick shift manual focus, zoom, and being able to bump up the iso will help me ... of course it's harder for me to find the birds for some reason when it's sunny out.

This is williams street park in San Jose, very close to my house ...

glad you enjoyed some of the pics

Last edited by bayareahdv; 04-21-2010 at 09:21 PM.