Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
More from Banff /Lake Louise / Day two
Lens: 12-24 Camera: K20 Photo Location: Lake Louise ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/30s Aperture: F13.5 
Posted By: Jimbo, 04-22-2010, 10:09 PM

Started the morning on a long drive to a local lake and then got ther other two later in the day. So many more to go through. Hope you enjoy. JIM

Views: 2,920
04-22-2010, 10:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Each photo got so much progressively better when I looked at it, I'm simply amazed by your talent here. My favorite though is the last one because of the purple sky, but the second one comes in very close, followed also very closely by the first one.
04-23-2010, 05:39 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow, I love the first and second photos that you took. The composition and the colors are great and really make this a amazing photo. If you don't mind me asking what did you use to balance the sky and the foreground?

Thanks,
Cory
04-23-2010, 05:48 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That second photo is stunning. Love them all. You are really wetting my appetite for next year. Keep them coming.

04-23-2010, 06:01 AM   #5
Veteran Member

WOW! Beautiful location and beautifully captured. Banff has been a place I've been wanting to visit, and your pictures make me want to pack up and leave right now.

And I'm with Cory, I'd love to know what you did with the second photo to balance it so well.
04-23-2010, 06:11 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Man, you keep churning out the great stuff, buddy. I love all three, but I'm particularly taken with its very slightly blue hue. A neat shot that records a time of day few of us see but seldom, yet gives the world a completely differentl look.

Jer
04-23-2010, 06:36 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I must say, Day 2 was divine, and you captured it with the eye of a master. Superb PP too. It accentuates some nuances without exaggeration.

04-23-2010, 06:42 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Wow your photos are always amazing. You captured well the colors on the second one wich is my favorite.
04-23-2010, 07:11 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Each photo got so much progressively better when I looked at it, I'm simply amazed by your talent here. My favorite though is the last one because of the purple sky, but the second one comes in very close, followed also very closely by the first one.
Thank you for your kind words. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Wow, I love the first and second photos that you took. The composition and the colors are great and really make this a amazing photo. If you don't mind me asking what did you use to balance the sky and the foreground?

Thanks,
Cory
Thank you Cory. Since I shoot mainly Lanscape shots I have been working on finding a better balance from sky to foreground. Time of day plays a big role. [this shot was doner around dusk] I uped the conpensation by + 1.7 and combined a ND 4 and 8 covering just the sky line. Surprisingly there was very little PP work. I small adjustment in levels and added a little sharpness. I also found my landscapes improved when I adjusted my focus point to the first one third of the frame. I was more center before. always use a tri-pod know matter how fast a shutter spped I have. Later I have been using the live view to set up my composition prior to shooting. Not sure if this helps. RIf the lighting was different then my approach of coarse would change. JIM

QuoteQuote:
That second photo is stunning. Love them all. You are really wetting my appetite for next year. Keep them coming.
I already wnat to go back! JIM

QuoteQuote:
WOW! Beautiful location and beautifully captured. Banff has been a place I've been wanting to visit, and your pictures make me want to pack up and leave right now.

And I'm with Cory, I'd love to know what you did with the second photo to balance it so well.
Appreciate you looking and commenting. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Man, you keep churning out the great stuff, buddy. I love all three, but I'm particularly taken with its very slightly blue hue. A neat shot that records a time of day few of us see but seldom, yet gives the world a completely differentl look.

Jer
Shot that one with the CP filter and a ND 4. The timing was dead on too Jer. Five minutes later it was gone. JIM

QuoteQuote:
must say, Day 2 was divine, and you captured it with the eye of a master. Superb PP too. It accentuates some nuances without exaggeration
What I liked about the second image was the mountains. The light was hitting it just right and that small amount of lightr also give just the right amount to balance the forground plu a little help from my ND's. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Wow your photos are always amazing. You captured well the colors on the second one wich is my favorite.
Thank you. JIM
04-23-2010, 10:42 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Fantastic shots Jim, you've got a rare talent for landscape photography.
04-23-2010, 11:06 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Fantastic shots Jim, you've got a rare talent for landscape photography.
Thanks Scott. JIM
04-23-2010, 11:11 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Jim, I'm not around for a few days and look what I almost missed. I just went back and looked at the whole series, you had yourself quiet a trip and came back with some marvelous images. There are too many to comment on but the sheep and elk images are really impressive. The weather God was with you, a few years ago I made that trip in early June and got snowed on.

Take care,
04-23-2010, 11:55 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Hi Jim, I'm not around for a few days and look what I almost missed. I just went back and looked at the whole series, you had yourself quiet a trip and came back with some marvelous images. There are too many to comment on but the sheep and elk images are really impressive. The weather God was with you, a few years ago I made that trip in early June and got snowed on.

Take care
Thank you Henrich and I agree the Weather Gods were with me! Cheers and I do have two more days to cover! JIM
04-23-2010, 01:34 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Jimbo,

Big thumbs up for #2 here. Looks like spring hasn't quite arrived there yet - wonder what that spot would look like when it greens up a little.
04-23-2010, 01:42 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Wow, Good Job jimbo! love the mountain view.