Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The Face of a Newbi is a face only a mother could love :)
Lens: 31 MM Limited Camera: K7 Photo Location: Basement Lights Off ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/2s Aperture: F1.8 
Posted By: Borislav, 04-23-2010, 06:16 AM

This is a self portrait that I took of myself in the basement of my house. What is so amazing at least to me is that the pic was taken late at night (8:15 PM) and all the lights were completely off. The only light available was the light of the computer screen from which the cam was facing away. Man, even in the hands of a complete newb like me this lens just rocks.

At this point the 31mm is glued to my Pentax. Only comes off once in a while for the 77 mm and 1 time today to play with the fisheye.

I love the 31mm!!!

<3

Views: 1,971
04-23-2010, 12:32 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Oh this is a nice starting portrait, very good start. Not to say there isn't anything that you could use improving on here though, first off your face should take up the majority of the photo if you want to do a self portrait, the rest of it is just you wearing a black shirt that holds no interest to anyone. Second, you need to work on either using higher ISO and shorter shutter speeds, or staying still (not so much caffeine!) because there's just enough blur here to make it slightly annoying and not really that amazing of a photo. Use my suggestions (or not) and try it again, and hopefully you will like what you come up with a lot more than this photo.
04-23-2010, 12:36 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you for those pointers. I will work on that.