Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Winter Days - Second image in Pentax Premiere Collection
Posted By: netuser, 04-23-2010, 10:47 AM

Winter Days - Image in Pentax Premiere Collection

Hi all

Seems I got a second image on Pentax Premiere Collection ( and again not a bird one .... )

Thanks to those that voted for it.
Cheers Nuno

Last edited by netuser; 01-26-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Views: 1,870
04-23-2010, 12:13 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Stunnig capture. Congrats.
04-23-2010, 12:33 PM   #3
Veteran Member

It looks like the PentaxForums JPEG compression engine strikes again, or my monitor has finally decided to give up, because I see artifacts around your tree and on the mountain on the far left, but I have no idea if I am the only one that is seeing them. About your photo itself though, I really like it, it's very moody and elegant too, and there seems to be a trend with single trees in either water or on a hill that you seem to be carrying on very nicely.
04-23-2010, 12:36 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice looking shot! I love that silohetted tree as it is a very unique shape and it makes a great subject. I also like the black and white treatment that you used here as it brings out a lot of texture in the water and background trees.

Thanks for sharing this great photo and congrats in getting into the premiere collection!
Cory

04-23-2010, 12:48 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nuno, that is one powerful shot and deserves a place in the premier collection. Congrats and keep up the good work.
04-26-2010, 06:45 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
It looks like the PentaxForums JPEG compression engine strikes again, or my monitor has finally decided to give up, because I see artifacts around your tree and on the mountain on the far left, but I have no idea if I am the only one that is seeing them. About your photo itself though, I really like it, it's very moody and elegant too, and there seems to be a trend with single trees in either water or on a hill that you seem to be carrying on very nicely.
Thanks

About the artifacts, must be from PPG (from where I pasted the image here) because the image is already printed at 40*60cm without any problem
04-26-2010, 06:46 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks to all for the kind words

(my first collection image can be found here https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/96830-landscape-atlantic...ollection.html)

04-26-2010, 07:44 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Well deserved! Would love to hang that on my livingroom wall!