Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
first lilly on the season
Lens: DAL 18-55mm Camera: Pentax k-x Photo Location: Texas ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/1000s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: dwiley39, 04-23-2010, 12:17 PM

Ok my shots were not up to snuff so here is a shot of our first Lilly of the season. Enjoy

Attached Images

Views: 1,458
04-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That is a very nice shot, the light on this shot really nice and even. I also like all of the colors in the flower as well; all the pinks,yellows, and greens really make this photo pop. Thanks for sharing this great shot!
04-23-2010, 01:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Very pretty, nice find, yada yada. Now for some suggestions, the background isn't really bokehy enough for me to not get distracted by it, so I would recommend a crop, but your lily itself is a very nicely exposed and looks pretty sharp. I think that you should just crop this and increase the contrast and it will look much better though, but that's just my suggestion, these are very nice photos.
04-23-2010, 01:12 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Comments

Thank you for the great comments and suggestions. I will say that this Pentax forum is very helpful and friendly. I need to retake the pic as I notice the bokeh is kinda distracting and I do apologize for this. The Lilly itself appears pretty sharp. I will go back and redo these pics to render better bokeh. I am new to photography so I am wanting to learn more from the best on here.
Thank you