Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Waiting for dinner.......
Lens: DFA 2.8 100 mm macro Camera: K20D Photo Location: Alberta Canada ISO: 100 Aperture: F16 
Posted By: Heinrich Lohmann, 04-23-2010, 08:24 PM

....and getting it. Yesterday afternoon I took a break from the "must do" things and went outside for an hour to see what was there and found this little guy

Comments are always welcome and appreciated
Views: 2,186
04-23-2010, 09:04 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great shots. Was this done straight out of the DFA 100 or did you throw a tube on it? Very narrow depth of field for F16...makes it tricky to takes shots as good as those.
04-23-2010, 09:24 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Such an intriguing spider.#2 is my fave given it's taken at the spider's head level - higher value for its danger factor.
You did well with these Heinrich.
Thanks for sharing.
04-23-2010, 10:16 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Eeesh! I hope one of these things doesn't think that I'm dinner sometime, I'm not sure I can get to my can of raid fast enough.

Actually, I think that this guy is really cute though, actually, I never thought that I would say that about a spider, but your photos are so bright and happy it's just hard not to like them.

04-24-2010, 09:01 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
Great shots. Was this done straight out of the DFA 100 or did you throw a tube on it? Very narrow depth of field for F16...makes it tricky to takes shots as good as those.
Thank you, no tubes, just the DFA at closest focus distance and cropped about 60%. The bodylenght of these little jumpers is only about 5 mm.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Such an intriguing spider.#2 is my fave given it's taken at the spider's head level - higher value for its danger factor.
You did well with these Heinrich.
Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Ash and you are welcome.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
Eeesh! I hope one of these things doesn't think that I'm dinner sometime, I'm not sure I can get to my can of raid fast enough.

Actually, I think that this guy is really cute though, actually, I never thought that I would say that about a spider, but your photos are so bright and happy it's just hard not to like them.
Thank you and I wouldn't worry too much of being dinner. Your can of Raid wouldn't do much good either, by the time you press the button they'd be gone.

Take care.
04-24-2010, 09:07 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very neat looking shot, but it always gives me the creeps when I see the eyes on these spiders. However, your photo shows off these eyes very well as the photo is very sharp and it actually looks like he was posing for you.

Thanks for sharing,
Cory
04-24-2010, 09:10 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Man, Heinrich, I love your macro shots - these are very well done, as always.

Jer

04-24-2010, 12:49 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tuner571 Quote
Very neat looking shot, but it always gives me the creeps when I see the eyes on these spiders. However, your photo shows off these eyes very well as the photo is very sharp and it actually looks like he was posing for you.

Thanks for sharing,
Cory
Thank you Cory for the kind words, they are only small around 5mm body lenght but posing? I only wish they would

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Man, Heinrich, I love your macro shots - these are very well done, as always.

Jer
Thank you Jer, right now I have too many "must do" things going so getting away from it for an hour and doing something that I really like doing is relaxing.

Take care,