Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Can someone please I.D. this? It's about an inch in lenght
Lens: DFA 2.8 100 mm macro Camera: K20D Photo Location: Alberta Canada ISO: 100 Aperture: F16 
Posted By: Heinrich Lohmann, 04-23-2010, 08:38 PM



Comments are always welcome and appreciated.
Views: 1,759
04-23-2010, 08:56 PM   #2
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ferguson, Mo.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,348
My Mother-in-Law

Hi Heinrich,
sorry bout that,couldnt resist. Looks like a garden slug, have em in backyard
dont see any antenna though.
04-23-2010, 10:03 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Heinrich Lohmann's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Airdrie, Alberta Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,233
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BillM Quote
Hi Heinrich,
sorry bout that,couldnt resist. Looks like a garden slug, have em in backyard
dont see any antenna though.


Bill, it's not a slug but a larvae of something just don't know of what. It somehow fastened itself to the vinyl siding of the house. The image is taken straight up, the upper dark part is the lip of the next piece of siding.
04-23-2010, 10:17 PM   #4
Pentaxian
jct us101's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rohnert Park, CA
Posts: 3,700
Does it move? It looks like a moth cocoon to me, actually, or maybe a butterfly one. If it moves though then Im going to guess that's not what it is, but I have never seen a slug that looks like that beore, and one that is that color either. Nice photo though!

04-24-2010, 09:03 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Heinrich Lohmann's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Airdrie, Alberta Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,233
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
Does it move? It looks like a moth cocoon to me, actually, or maybe a butterfly one. If it moves though then Im going to guess that's not what it is, but I have never seen a slug that looks like that beore, and one that is that color either. Nice photo though!
Thank you and no it does not move, just hangs there.

Take care,
04-24-2010, 01:50 PM   #6
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ferguson, Mo.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,348
Larva?

Hi Heinrich,
Your right about that, dont see mucus trail either. Cardinals ball club here
re-sodded field few years ago,sod was infested with some sort of moth
that started hatching during game, made a lot of highlights! perhaps
someone in neighborhood did something along same line.

Member of this forum whom goes by screen name of Blue is an
entomologist, hopefully he'll look in, being a fly fisherman Id like
to chat with him myself

just sent my m100/4 mac. off to be cleaned, worse sense of timing ever!

Seems like every post you make is better than previous
you and that 100/2.8 mac. work very well together

cheers,
Bill
04-24-2010, 03:05 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
dadipentak's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 11,287
Yeah, it looks like a cocoon--maybe the dreaded suburban vinyl weevil
04-24-2010, 09:36 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Heinrich Lohmann's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Airdrie, Alberta Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,233
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BillM Quote
Hi Heinrich,
Your right about that, dont see mucus trail either. Cardinals ball club here
re-sodded field few years ago,sod was infested with some sort of moth
that started hatching during game, made a lot of highlights! perhaps
someone in neighborhood did something along same line.

Member of this forum whom goes by screen name of Blue is an
entomologist, hopefully he'll look in, being a fly fisherman Id like
to chat with him myself

just sent my m100/4 mac. off to be cleaned, worse sense of timing ever!

Seems like every post you make is better than previous
you and that 100/2.8 mac. work very well together

cheers,
Bill
Thank you Bill for the kind comments, hope that you get your lens back ASAP.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Yeah, it looks like a cocoon--maybe the dreaded suburban vinyl weevil
Oh no, not that one! On the other hand that might not be a bad idea, I hate vinyl siding.

Take care,

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
focal lenght on digital vs 35mm lenses Bulldogface Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 5 01-26-2010 03:21 PM
Pixels/inch Bramela Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 5 09-13-2008 08:24 PM
How do you set 125mm focal lenght in K10D? FrancisK7 Pentax DSLR Discussion 3 08-29-2008 03:55 PM
Right focal lenght for shake reduction on s-mount lenses uPiX Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 13 01-31-2008 07:39 AM
From 8 point buck to 8 inch... Tom Lusk Post Your Photos! 2 09-28-2006 12:00 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:02 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top