Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Reflections
Lens: 18-55mm Camera: k20d Photo Location: on a river cruise 
Posted By: tinabalagosa, 04-23-2010, 10:36 PM

Did my best not to have a shake. All shots were taken during a boat ride

Views: 1,451
04-23-2010, 11:58 PM   #2
Veteran Member

The first thing that I noticed when I looked at these photos was the crazy little jazzy lines in the reflections of the water in the first photo, then I noticed why. It's really too bad that they're blurry too, because if the structure there was in focus and the lines looked like that, then I would have loved that photo so much more. I still like them though, and think they're very jazzy, and I like your photos a lot because of them.
04-24-2010, 08:09 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Can somebody out there tell me what could I have done with my situation during the shoot of these pics to reduce blurriness. Firstly, I am in a boat not a big boat but an outrigger and I hope you have an idea how small an outrigger is in the Philippines. So movement of the boat is not steady. Secondly, I'm using available light meaning long exposure.
04-24-2010, 08:18 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow, the colors in the water are amazing! It's too bad that the rest of the photo is so blurry because it does slightly hurt the photos. However, I do like the second one because the blurriness kind of adds to the waters effect on the reflections.

Unfortunately, there really is no way to stable the camera on a moving boat. Since the boat is moving all around you can't use a tripod and even a flash probably would have not helped this scene either. The only thing that you could have done was bump up the ISO but that will ruin the image since you would have had to bump it up really high to get a decent shutter speed.

04-24-2010, 09:19 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great color - gives these shots an abstract look, to which the slightly blurry bridges contributes. I do a lot of shooting from a boat and it can be tough even in the day time. I don't know of any way you could have gotten these shots "sharp" under the conditions.

Jer