Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
So what do you think
Posted By: Petthefish, 07-24-2007, 09:03 PM

Well I got my K100D Saturday morning and spend the weekend going around shooting pictures and having fun here are a few I have taken any tips comments critiques are welcome thanks rp

My baby Nala

My old lady Oreo telling me to get that thing out of her face

Sunflower

Daisy

Views: 1,444
07-24-2007, 09:18 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Those look great... especially the first shot. I am a new owner too. Have you owned an SLR before? What lens(es) were you using?
07-24-2007, 09:43 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
this is my first DSLR I did have an old Pentax growing up as a teen and I had no formal training it played with the camera but never liked to use it cause film has to be developed with this I feel I can just go out and shoot a bunch of pics and if I don’t like them delete them thanks for the comments rp
07-25-2007, 06:22 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I agree with matiki- the first shot is the best! Great composition and details!

I'm moving this thread to the "post your photos" section- please remember that the "General Pentax Photography" section is only intended for discussion of photography and technique in general.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-25-2007, 07:09 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Nice shots. I like 1 and 3 especially. Great detail and colours in 1 and 3 captures the form and beauty of the sunflower. 2 looks a little out of focus. I think I'd have tried a different angle/perspective with 4 or perhaps gone in closer.

Paul
07-25-2007, 08:07 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks for the info the 2nd cat does not like her pic taken and will squirm and move and do anything to get the lens out of her face it is quite funny. #1 she just loves the attention and will sit and let you shoot her for hours on end. I agree the 4th flower needed to be closer but I am still learning thanks again rp
07-25-2007, 08:50 PM   #7

#1 is very nice, those eyes staring right at you. Btw, your fishing rod has those guides twisted around ala "acid" style? sorry for been off topic

07-26-2007, 01:02 AM   #8

Original Poster
yes it is spiral (aci) wraped all my trolling and big fish rods I build are rp
07-26-2007, 10:35 AM   #9

Great first picture post. #1 is excellent. Our cats are so expressive, they make interesting photo subjects. When I got my K100 I was amazed at the level of detail the camera resolved in the cats fur. Not bad for 'only' 6mp.
Chris