Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
I Love Grain
Posted By: benjikan, 07-25-2007, 01:48 PM

Just thought I would share a personal image with you of my daughter from just over three years ago..I love the grain. Oh it was shot on a 5 megapixel Canon G5...

Just another tool...

Last edited by benjikan; 02-07-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Views: 2,513
07-25-2007, 01:55 PM   #2
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,713
cute young girl Ben, and nice picture as well.

It sure proves that you don't need a high megapixel camera to get good photo's.
07-25-2007, 02:05 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
daacon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta,Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,835
Nice shot Ben - cute kid they grow soooooo quick - looks like you will have some boys knocking on the door soon if not already (I have an 18 year old daughter - odds are you will survive )
07-25-2007, 02:58 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
slip's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 2 hours north of toronto ontario canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,537
wonderful image of such a cute girl!
how old is she now?

I live with a house full of girls, myself

cheers


randy

07-25-2007, 10:08 PM   #5
Veteran Member
benjikan's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,312
Original Poster
12

QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
wonderful image of such a cute girl!
how old is she now?

I live with a house full of girls, myself

cheers


randy
Thanks Randy...She is now twelve...
07-26-2007, 05:01 AM   #6
Veteran Member
Mike Cash's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Japan
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,952
Very adorable. My daughter is also 12. I instructed her to stop growing when she was 4, but she ignored me.
07-26-2007, 06:22 PM   #7
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2007
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,675
Cute kid! I love the contrast, the grain but above all else, those eyes! Wow - wicked shot!
07-26-2007, 07:02 PM   #8
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 97
Ditto what J.Scott said. That is just an amazing hypnotic photo. The eyes just pull you in and keep your focus locked into the frame.

Hard to believe that was done with a little P&S. I think you just cured me of my LBA. I really need to improve my skills with the equipment I already own!

07-27-2007, 01:36 AM   #9
Inactive Account




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Lancaster, PA.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,041
The shot is a classic Ben,
I love the grain which gives this shot great contrast. I have three Daughters all grown and have kids of their own. I threatened to lock them up until they were 35 but the wife had other Ideas. So when the boys came to pick up their dates I was seen cleaning a shot gun, and saying You will Have her home by 10 or I'm coming out looking for you. (It worked for a while until the girls had a talk with their mom, and then Mom had a talk with me). I just kept saying I know boys and I don't like what's on their minds. But that didn't work either. Whats a father to do..
Good luck with her Ben and if you need a shot gun I can let you have mine, since I don't have any use for it right now.
07-27-2007, 01:49 AM   #10
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tirana, Albania, South Europe, Planet Earth
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 621
The photo is indeed fascinating. The lights are incredible and her expression is ... as if made her pose for you and she's about to cry .

Did I say lighting is crazily incredible.
07-28-2007, 04:34 PM   #11
Veteran Member
benjikan's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,312
Original Poster
It is their decision

QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
The shot is a classic Ben,
I love the grain which gives this shot great contrast. I have three Daughters all grown and have kids of their own. I threatened to lock them up until they were 35 but the wife had other Ideas. So when the boys came to pick up their dates I was seen cleaning a shot gun, and saying You will Have her home by 10 or I'm coming out looking for you. (It worked for a while until the girls had a talk with their mom, and then Mom had a talk with me). I just kept saying I know boys and I don't like what's on their minds. But that didn't work either. Whats a father to do..
Good luck with her Ben and if you need a shot gun I can let you have mine, since I don't have any use for it right now.

What ever they will do, they will do..It is their decision and they will live their lives and learn and live and learn..Just like us.
07-28-2007, 04:37 PM   #12
Veteran Member
benjikan's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,312
Original Poster
Nice..

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Very adorable. My daughter is also 12. I instructed her to stop growing when she was 4, but she ignored me.
I love your portfolio Mike..Some really innovative and unusual imagery...Bravo!

Ben
07-28-2007, 04:39 PM   #13
Veteran Member
benjikan's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,312
Original Poster
Just her..as she was.

QuoteOriginally posted by Deni Quote
The photo is indeed fascinating. The lights are incredible and her expression is ... as if made her pose for you and she's about to cry .

Did I say lighting is crazily incredible.
I never have my kids pose..Just Be. Captured the moment.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, grain, love, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Show us your grain! artobest Pentax Film SLR Discussion 354 04-04-2012 12:13 PM
Landscape Farm and grain MikeS Post Your Photos! 1 10-14-2010 10:37 PM
Architecture Grain Elevator zman Post Your Photos! 1 08-24-2010 02:31 PM
People grain? krystalgem85 Photo Critique 1 05-27-2010 09:22 AM
Fun with Grain benjikan Photographic Technique 8 03-18-2008 12:23 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:00 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top