Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Alberta Spring
Lens: 16-45 Camera: K20D Photo Location: Alberta, Canada 
Posted By: Heinrich Lohmann, 04-29-2010, 02:04 PM

This is what it looked like this morning and the wind was still howling.

Comments are always welcome and appreciated.
Views: 2,499
04-29-2010, 02:09 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Aiaaiaiaiaiaiaia! We have full spring here, you must be longing for some green, Heinrich!
But the quality of the pictures is great again, as ever!
04-29-2010, 02:53 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

.... the tree is the first shot looks forlorn....if it could speak it might shout... enough is enough!! love the contrast of the pic with the flowers on the counter and the snow drift outside...
dave m
04-29-2010, 03:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Wow, I sure am glad that our spring doesn't look like that! If it did I would probably go crazy because I really hate the cold and that much snow.

On your first one I really like that tree in your front yard, I was hoping to get a shot like that this winter but we just didn't get that much snow.

Thanks for sharing and I hope things warm up soon,
Cory

04-29-2010, 08:24 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Aiaaiaiaiaiaiaia! We have full spring here, you must be longing for some green, Heinrich!
But the quality of the pictures is great again, as ever!
Thank you Rense and yes some green would be nice. After this things will green up very quickly, we really needed this moisture it was very dry. The farmers will be happy, there is now enough moisture in the ground for spring seeding.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
.... the tree is the first shot looks forlorn....if it could speak it might shout... enough is enough!! love the contrast of the pic with the flowers on the counter and the snow drift outside...
dave m
Hi Dave and thank you. Like I said to Rense, we did need this moisture but it could have come as rain.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by Tuner571 Quote
Wow, I sure am glad that our spring doesn't look like that! If it did I would probably go crazy because I really hate the cold and that much snow.

On your first one I really like that tree in your front yard, I was hoping to get a shot like that this winter but we just didn't get that much snow.

Thanks for sharing and I hope things warm up soon,
Cory
Thank you Cory for the kind comments, this is not uncommon at all, a few years ago we had a similar dump of snow on the 25th of May but than it did a lot of damage.

Take care,
04-29-2010, 10:03 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great pictures Heinrich, as always. I especially like the first one. But I am glad I can get on my motorbike and ride to work after sending this post
04-29-2010, 10:42 PM   #7
Forum Member

I laughed when I saw the bird feeders--you must have some tough birds out there, or at least birds smart enough to know how to use ice picks. Good shots for such a snowy background.
04-30-2010, 05:33 AM   #8
axl
Inactive Account

Man....
We have had around 20C in here this week.
But to be honest I miss snow. And a lot..
could you post me some

04-30-2010, 07:19 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

axl, be careful what you wish for. Nice series Heinrich but waaaaaay too much snow for me.
04-30-2010, 07:44 AM   #10
Veteran Member

You have to love Calgary weather. I think it has snowed every month of the year over time. I will stick with Vancouver. JIM
04-30-2010, 08:09 AM   #11
Inactive Account

You folks down south sure got nailed yesterday Heinrich, we could use the moisture too but please don't wish snow on us...
04-30-2010, 03:34 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
Great pictures Heinrich, as always. I especially like the first one. But I am glad I can get on my motorbike and ride to work after sending this post
Thank you Norbert and no, you wouldn't have been riding a bike here yesterday.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by swglera Quote
I laughed when I saw the bird feeders--you must have some tough birds out there, or at least birds smart enough to know how to use ice picks. Good shots for such a snowy background.
Thank you Eric, usually we have around 20 or 30 birds in the yard but during the 2 day storm they numbered in the hundreds and took turns feeding and the wildly swinging feeders didn't seem to bother them at all.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
Man....
We have had around 20C in here this week.
But to be honest I miss snow. And a lot..
could you post me some
axl, last week we had temps in the 20C range but here in the foothills weather changes come very quickly. Today it went up to10C and there is water all over the place.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
axl, be careful what you wish for. Nice series Heinrich but waaaaaay too much snow for me.
Thank you Susan, we did need the moisture but it could have come as rain.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
You have to love Calgary weather. I think it has snowed every month of the year over time. I will stick with Vancouver. JIM
Jim, thank you and you are right, we did have snow here in every month of the year at one time or the other.

Take care.
04-30-2010, 03:37 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by scott-devon Quote
You folks down south sure got nailed yesterday Heinrich, we could use the moisture too but please don't wish snow on us...
Hi Scott, we did ask for moisture and would have preferred rain but I guess one takes what one can get.

Take care,
04-30-2010, 04:08 PM   #14
axl
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Susan,
when I was growing up back home, we used to have around 50cm of snow each winter for couple of months... and I REALLY miss it!
Here in UK the winter is just blah...
it's like a long rainy weekend, but it lasts 5 months
04-30-2010, 09:45 PM   #15
Pentaxian

I'm in Winterpeg...hope we don't get that weather from Calgary...as most weather out here blows in from the West.