Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #1

Lester A. Dine Macro ring flash adapter deattach

Hello. I have the Lester Dine (or maybe Nissin) ring flash with PT-2D hotshoe adapter. The same as on the picture. I want to know how to deattach this adapter if in future I will change the camera etc. It should be changeable but I did not found any buttons, screws etc to easily unlock it.
Thank you.

Attached Images

09-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It looks identical to my Sunpax Auto DX8R ring light flash with the PT-2D Pentax adapter.

I suspect that you may need to unscrew the 2 Phillips (or JIS) screws at the bottom of the hotshoe. Alternatively, the PT-2D nameplate may cover some mounting screws.
09-26-2013, 02:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yes, it is identical to my Sunpak DX-8R. There is a lever inside the battery compartment to remove the module.
09-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Open the battery door and look for a lever or slide that you can pull out a bit with your fingernail. That should allow the hotshoe module to drop free from the rest of the flash.

09-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Well. I never.....

.....noticed that lever before. Thanks.

The fit of the module is so good that it's almost impossible to see it's an add-on.

Oh, I love the label UNDER the module tell you to open the battery door before changing the module!
09-27-2013, 01:18 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks for all. I have opened the battery door and found a sticker on the bottom. When I removed it, there was a hole and really some kind of a tiny lever. I think it's this thing. But it's black and I can't move it at all. I have tried with nails and screwdriver.
Attached Images

09-27-2013, 02:34 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Spamer Quote
Thanks for all. I have opened the battery door and found a sticker on the bottom. When I removed it, there was a hole and really some kind of a tiny lever. I think it's this thing. But it's black and I can't move it at all. I have tried with nails and screwdriver.
Are you trying to move the item circled? As far as I can see, that's just a locating pin that forms part of the locking mechanism.

Why are you trying to move it?

09-27-2013, 02:41 AM   #8

Original Poster
There is only one way I can move it. The hole is long. Sorry for the quality, but it's probably the best I can do.
09-27-2013, 02:49 AM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

To remove the adapter, open the battery door and you will see a piece of silver metal near the edge of the door. Slide that out about 2mm and that will release the catch. Whilst holding it out, wriggle the adapter off the flash unit.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by p38arover; 09-27-2013 at 03:05 AM.
09-27-2013, 02:52 AM   #10

Original Poster
Oh, I did it. Thank you very much. What a genius piece of plastic and metal. I really like both it and Adaptall 2.