Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2021, 07:59 AM   #4441
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
Extraordinary project and beautiful portrait of Liriodendron tulipifera! Depending on what resolution you're after, I wonder if you couldn't optimize some by using fewer steps (camera movement) in your stack.

Thanks for the kind words and ID Baro-nite! The tree this pod fell from must be 100 feet tall. This was sort of an experiment to see what is possible with the 200mm, and was shot at f5.6, so DOF was shallow. This was on a macro rail advanced by hand with plenty of backlash. I still missed a few slices here and there. It would be sharper if there were a way to flash each of the four images in each PS file. The four second combined exposure probably did not help either.

I also did a stack of this subject a while back and posted it to the texture, pattern thread. That is a eight image stack using the DFA 28-105. I missed quite a few slices with it. I was using manual focus for those images. For simple web posting, that is enough!

10-20-2021, 10:32 AM   #4442
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
More flower closeups with the K-1 and Mamiya macro.
Beautiful flower portraits.
Thanks for sharing,
barondla
10-20-2021, 07:25 PM - 9 Likes   #4443
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A couple of shots of a dahlia in the backyard on a rainy day.

10-20-2021, 09:47 PM - 5 Likes   #4444
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Flower in UV light

Small plant was about 1/2 inch across. Taken with Pentax K-1 converted to full spectrum by Kolari Vision. 80mm Olympus OM macro head on Pentax K mount bellows. Lens and ZWB-1 visual light blocking and BG39 Infrared blocking filters are mounted inside of bellows. I modified a Pentax AF540FGZ flash to emit UV light. F11 1/200 at ISO 400. Things look so different photographed with only UV light.

Thanks for looking,
barondla

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
10-21-2021, 03:37 AM   #4445
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rgknief60 Quote
This was an experiement. K-1, FA* 200mm. 294 image pixel shift focus stack, 47GB data.

Ran stacks from both the OOC JPGs, and 16bit TIFs processed in Raw Therapee. This is from processed PEF images. Did not see enough of a difference from my previous non-pixel shift stack of this subject to run a pixel shift stack on a subject like this in the future. This is the base, unedited stack. Editing would add several more hours to get rid of areas of bloom, dust, and worm trails.

Second image is actual pixel crop.

Tulip Tree Seed Pod Pixel Shift by Roger Knief

Tulip Tree Seed Pod Pixel Shift Crop by Roger Knief
Absolutely amazing detail! Thanks for sharing this.
10-21-2021, 03:08 PM   #4446
Pentaxian

k1ii and dfa 50 macro, handheld
10-29-2021, 03:51 PM - 1 Like   #4447
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Taken with Pentax K-1 converted to full spectrum by Kolari Vision. 80mm Olympus OM macro head on Pentax K mount bellows.
Interesting to say the least. May I ask how you attach the OM 80mm to the Pentax bellows? Thanks in advance!

10-29-2021, 05:19 PM - 6 Likes   #4448
Pentaxian

Took this one, this summer, with the Asahi Pentax m-100mm macro f4 with extension tubes

10-29-2021, 05:24 PM   #4449
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Michael Piziak Quote
Took this one, this summer, with the Asahi Pentax m-100mm macro f4 with extension tubes

Nice and crisp shot
10-29-2021, 11:01 PM   #4450
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wkraus Quote
Interesting to say the least. May I ask how you attach the OM 80mm to the Pentax bellows? Thanks in advance!
It is a little complicated to explain. The front standard has a filter threaded ring on it's backside. Normally the bellows fabric attaches to this with a thumb screw. Screw a male/male macro coupler into the ring. Screw the OM or any threaded lens into the other side of the coupler.

Now the bellows fabric has to attach to the back of the lens. If it isn't a Pentax mount lens, a rear lens cap can be dremeled out. Glue a filter ring to the lens cap. The ring gives the a place for the front bellows fabric to attach to.

OM lenses stay open without tension. I have a metal bayonet ring that applies tension, so the aperture closes down when set. The ring came with a Kiron macro reverse lens adapter. Just like the rear lens cap mod above, a filter ring is glued to the adapter. This gives something for the front bellows fabric to attach to.

This might be hard to visualize. Normally the bellows fits between camera body and lens. Lens attaches outside front standard and camera outside rear standard. My setup places lens between front and rear standards. So the OM is shooting thru the front standard's K mount.

Thanks,
barondla
11-02-2021, 11:20 AM - 1 Like   #4451
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
It is a little complicated to explain. The front standard has a filter threaded ring on it's backside. Normally the bellows fabric attaches to this with a thumb screw. Screw a male/male macro coupler into the ring. Screw the OM or any threaded lens into the other side of the coupler.

Now the bellows fabric has to attach to the back of the lens. If it isn't a Pentax mount lens, a rear lens cap can be dremeled out. Glue a filter ring to the lens cap. The ring gives the a place for the front bellows fabric to attach to.

OM lenses stay open without tension. I have a metal bayonet ring that applies tension, so the aperture closes down when set. The ring came with a Kiron macro reverse lens adapter. Just like the rear lens cap mod above, a filter ring is glued to the adapter. This gives something for the front bellows fabric to attach to.

This might be hard to visualize. Normally the bellows fits between camera body and lens. Lens attaches outside front standard and camera outside rear standard. My setup places lens between front and rear standards. So the OM is shooting thru the front standard's K mount.

Thanks,
barondla
Complicated indeed, and rather ingenious! Thanks for the explanation.
11-14-2021, 07:10 AM - 5 Likes   #4452
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Scissors
Aspirin
Gas stove burner

DFA100WR @ f13 *1st DS TTL flash with Sunpack DX-8R ring flash & PT-2D module -all handheld.
Attached Images

11-15-2021, 06:32 PM - 8 Likes   #4453
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Autumn leaf.

11-16-2021, 08:32 AM - 1 Like   #4454
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Sample shots with Hasselblad HV (a99) and AF Minolta 100mm f 2.8 macro 1:1.

Closeups from field, garden, and tool chest.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
HV  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
HV  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
HV  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
HV  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
HV  Photo 
11-18-2021, 05:51 AM - 3 Likes   #4455
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sigma 150mm f2.8 macro via 0.7X "ultra" adapter on Pany GX8, cropped. There are two insects on the chicory, the obvious one with the striped abdomen, and a little below it an easily overlooked tiny leaf hopper that is slightly forward of the plane of focus.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DMC-GX8  Photo