Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2008, 03:13 AM   #286
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2007
Location: singapore
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,123
voigtlander macro 125



This lens has gone from Creampuff to Frank and now in my Good hand
Voigtlander Macro.125.

marcus

08-12-2008, 05:22 AM   #287
Veteran Member
creampuff's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,953
Sob, sob, my dear Voigtlander... how I miss it. (slaps face to wake up )

Good that it is in the hands of a dedicated macro shooter like marcusyoung as I don't shoot enough macros and I think it is a freaking waste to have this great lens underutilized as I don't believe in being a gear collector.

Anyway bro, I had 3 copies of the Voigtlander to choose from and this was possibly the best of them. Really luv your images.
08-12-2008, 07:11 AM   #288
Inactive Account




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 942
Original Poster
Nice shots marcus, not a hint of motion in there at all and focus plane is just right.

@ creampuff - admittedly, I shoot very little true macro as well. The fact the VL can do 1:1 is more of a bonus than anything, fact is, the lens slays at any range. MF speed takes a hit because of the super precise throw, but man, I could never let this baby go.

Here's a pic of my brother in law, bailing out of an inner tube. I was laying across the back of my sisters and his boat in burst mode with the Voigtlander:

08-12-2008, 07:23 AM   #289
m8o
Veteran Member
m8o's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 40°-55'-44" N / 73°-24'-07" W [on LI]
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,092
Pirate, a) I can't believe you took that lens on a boat w/a lot of spray and everything getting moist if not wet, b) those shots are frigg'n fantastic w/a manual short telephoto!

If I want to shoot action w/the Voigtlander, and subject size allows for a TC, I love to use it w/the Pentax 1.7x AF TC... insti-AF @ 212mm.

08-12-2008, 07:25 AM   #290
m8o
Veteran Member
m8o's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 40°-55'-44" N / 73°-24'-07" W [on LI]
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,092
QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Anyway bro, I had 3 copies of the Voigtlander to choose from and this was possibly the best of them.
I bet the folks that bought them from you love reading that...
08-12-2008, 07:59 AM   #291
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Singapore
Posts: 3
QuoteOriginally posted by marcusyoung Quote

This lens has gone from Creampuff to Frank and now in my Good hand
Voigtlander Macro.125.

marcus
bernard will go crazy if he see this...
08-12-2008, 08:02 AM   #292
Inactive Account




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 942
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
Pirate, a) I can't believe you took that lens on a boat w/a lot of spray and everything getting moist if not wet, b) those shots are frigg'n fantastic w/a manual short telephoto!

If I want to shoot action w/the Voigtlander, and subject size allows for a TC, I love to use it w/the Pentax 1.7x AF TC... insti-AF @ 212mm.
Well thanks for the kind words! There was a lot of water around to be sure, but I take my camera everywhere. I just love to shoot and the more unlikely the place, the more unlikely the shots it seems.

Shooting water-skiiing (from the boat) turned out to be pretty easy. Its usually only done on bright sunny days, so there is lots of light. I was at f2.5, ISO 100 and 1/4000 shutter there, perfect illumination. The fact that tubing/water-skiing is done via a rope of a finite length made lens selection and focus quite simple as range is consistant.

The real sacrifice was not being able to hold a beer most of the time out there.

08-12-2008, 09:23 AM   #293
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2007
Location: singapore
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,123
voigtlander macro

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Sob, sob, my dear Voigtlander... how I miss it. (slaps face to wake up )

Good that it is in the hands of a dedicated macro shooter like marcusyoung as I don't shoot enough macros and I think it is a freaking waste to have this great lens underutilized as I don't believe in being a gear collector.

Anyway bro, I had 3 copies of the Voigtlander to choose from and this was possibly the best of them. Really luv your images.
Creampuff,

Tks for all your kind words. When Frank called to check if I am keen to take over this lens,bought from you. I have already made up my mind to acquire it without seeing the lens, although it burnt a small hole in my pocket.

That is your credibility as far as I know.

Anyway, a sharp and fun lens to have. Wide open and the image is still very sharp.

[QUOTE=thePiRaTE!!;315139]Nice shots marcus, not a hint of motion in there at all and focus plane is just right.

Pirate, tks for your kind comments. Your boating shots is sharp wide open. Why at f2.4 and not f5.6 and f8 where you can have sharpness across the frame? Probably you are isolating the subject.


QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
I bet the folks that bought them from you love reading that...
Yup, creampuff is one of the anchor-man for pentax in singapore,

QuoteOriginally posted by flowerpot Quote
bernard will go crazy if he see this...
Flowerpot, get bernard to come over here and share some of his great images.

marcus young
08-13-2008, 06:48 AM   #294
Inactive Account




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 942
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by marcusyoung Quote
...Pirate, tks for your kind comments. Your boating shots is sharp wide open. Why at f2.4 and not f5.6 and f8 where you can have sharpness across the frame? Probably you are isolating the subject.
No problem, keep posting the great shots! 2.(well, technically)5 for isolation, correct. And to be truthful, I can't see much difference between 2.5 and 4 or 5.6 with the VL in sharpness, such a strong optic! Exif reads 2.4 on Pentax body for some reason (and 120mm, would love to be able to dial in specific amounts for this...)
08-13-2008, 08:04 AM   #295
Forum Member




Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Singapore
Posts: 62
QuoteOriginally posted by marcusyoung Quote
Flowerpot, get bernard to come over here and share some of his great images.
marcus young
I am already here! And I am very jealous over your new acquisition!!
and I have no voigtlander images to show!
08-14-2008, 12:19 AM   #296
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2007
Location: singapore
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,123
QuoteOriginally posted by Bernard Yeo Quote
I am already here! And I am very jealous over your new acquisition!!
and I have no voigtlander images to show!

Welcome Bernard soon to be the Voigtlander Club.

Will be assisting you to find one..... snowywolf?????

marcus
08-14-2008, 02:59 AM   #297
Veteran Member
creampuff's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,953
marcus, don't disturb our young lady, snowywolf...

Bro Bernard, the way you've been buying and selling your lenses fast and furiously lately, I'd actually ask you to reconsider getting the Voigtlander 125 just yet. The lens is great but I'm not so sure you're quite settled with your existing gear and it would be a shame to pay good money to find one only to sell it later.
08-27-2008, 07:34 AM   #298
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2007
Location: singapore
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,123
housefly mating voigtlander macro



shot this handheld, out from camera JPG w/o flash. Non PP.
voigtlander macro 125.

marcus
08-27-2008, 08:42 AM   #299
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Helsinki
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,400
Still climbing the learning curve with my VL125:





08-28-2008, 04:37 PM   #300
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 239
Voigtlander 90/3.5

The Voigtlander 90/3.5 is back in stock at CameraQuest, but it's $499 now. I really like mine and use it a lot more than I thought I would, but that's a pretty high price for a slow lens. Still, there may be someone here who wants to complete a set.

http://cameraquest.com/inventor.htm
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
20mm, af, bit, color, da, detail, f1.4, f3.5, f5.6, info, lenses, nokton, pentax lens, picture, pm, post, quality, shot, sigma, skopar, slii, vl, voigtlander, zeiss
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Zeiss ZK LBA - pics, notes, thoughts? thePiRaTE!! Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 173 10-15-2012 02:18 PM
LBA challenge: October--post your pics here monochrome Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 1 11-01-2008 01:43 PM
LBA challenge: September--post your pics here heatherslightbox Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 47 11-01-2008 09:46 AM
LBA challenge October--post your pics here heatherslightbox Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 3 10-23-2008 11:38 AM
Voigtländer macro - first pics jankok Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 13 11-16-2007 03:30 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:00 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top