Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2011, 09:40 PM   #616
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
jeffshaddix's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 1,435
Couple new pics from a Zeiss and a Voigtlander.

Zeiss Distagon T* 35mm f/2 ZK @ f/2:


Voigtlander Nokton 58mm f/1.4 @ f/1.4:


C&C welcome.

08-17-2011, 10:46 AM   #617
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
les3547's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sebastopol, California
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,020
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
Couple new pics from a Zeiss and a Voigtlander.

Zeiss Distagon T* 35mm f/2 ZK @ f/2:


Voigtlander Nokton 58mm f/1.4 @ f/1.4:


C&C welcome.
Nice going Jeff. I am happy you posted a Zeiss shot too, maybe if we just start posting pics from and discussing Zeiss, Contax, and Leica R lenses staff will grant us the name change I suggested for this thread (i.e., Voigtlander, Zeiss, Contax. Leica "R" LBA - post your pics, notes and thoughts).

Last edited by les3547; 08-18-2011 at 03:41 PM.
08-23-2011, 02:06 AM   #618
Veteran Member
vinceloc's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philippines
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 367
CV Nokton 58/1.4 SLII


Urban sunset...



Waiting to fall...
08-25-2011, 10:29 AM   #619
Inactive Account




Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 17
Nokton Problem

Hello,

I have one question for the Nokton times.

How did it behave when you're focused at infinity?

I have now bought one and when I Focusing on infinity I must turn to attack. Actually, I know it so that one must then turn slightly back.
Especially I noticed that at full aperture, the focus is not where he belongs. I know Schäfentiefe is not large.
But I now a lot of experience in big screen and I have no glasses Focusing on other problems to the point.

greeting
Holger
PS. Sorry, only Google Translator

08-25-2011, 11:22 AM   #620
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
les3547's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sebastopol, California
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,020
QuoteOriginally posted by vinceloc Quote
CV Nokton 58/1.4 SLII, Urban sunset...Waiting to fall...

Good job Vincent.


QuoteOriginally posted by FotoPentaxer Quote
Hello,

I have one question for the Nokton times.

How did it behave when you're focused at infinity?

I have now bought one and when I Focusing on infinity I must turn to attack. Actually, I know it so that one must then turn slightly back.
Especially I noticed that at full aperture, the focus is not where he belongs. I know Schäfentiefe is not large.
But I now a lot of experience in big screen and I have no glasses Focusing on other problems to the point.

greeting
Holger
PS. Sorry, only Google Translator
If I understand you correctly, I believe you are correct . . . infinity focus is actually about 1mm back from the infinity setting on my Nokton (used on my K-7).
08-25-2011, 11:42 AM   #621
Inactive Account




Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 17
Thanks for the info. at the infinity focus is on my end.

Greetings
Holger
09-01-2011, 05:55 PM   #622
Veteran Member
vinceloc's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philippines
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 367
QuoteOriginally posted by les3547 Quote
Good job Vincent.
Thanks Les

More from the CV58/1.4 SLII. It's not just its sharpness and IQ, I just love the lens' color richness and rendition...

Leaving on a jet plane



Ruins engulfed


09-15-2011, 06:30 AM   #623
Inactive Account




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Photos: Albums
Posts: 161
Voigtlander Color-Dynarex 135/4




Last edited by mika.; 09-15-2011 at 06:27 PM.
09-15-2011, 05:50 PM   #624
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
les3547's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sebastopol, California
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,020
QuoteOriginally posted by mika. Quote
Voigtlander Color-Dynarex 135/4
Interesting, thanks for posting those. I have been researching that lens, there are no thorough reviews, just mixed opinions. I've found quite a few pictures online shot with it, and my impression has been that it seems to yield excellent color, but many of the pictures seem soft and not very contrasty. I'd like to hear your opinion if you have one yet. It is hard to tell much from your shots; if there were more lighting variation in the picture it would reveal more characteristics of the lens.

Heres a few places where I found VL 135/4 shots, the four pictures at the first link seemed pretty good, but the rest . . .


my bLOG: Voigtländer Color-Dynarex 135/4
Voigtlander Super-Dynarex 135/4
Voigtlander Color-Dynarex 135mm F4 - a set on Flickr
Voigtlander Super-Dynarex 135mm F4 (DKL) - a set on Flickr
09-15-2011, 06:13 PM   #625
Inactive Account




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Photos: Albums
Posts: 161
QuoteOriginally posted by les3547 Quote
I'd like to hear your opinion if you have one yet. It is hard to tell much from your shots; if there were more lighting variation in the picture it would reveal more characteristics of the lens.
Hi Les, I had this lens for a while but didn't use it. I took some shots today, and was impressed enough to post them. The lens definitely has character.
09-16-2011, 02:14 PM   #626
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
les3547's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sebastopol, California
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,020
Assorted Voigtlander Shots

VL 90mm . . . I think the VL 90 has to be one of the sharpest lens around, yet it still delivers great color and contrast. It's super-sharpness is one reason (I suspect) why in combination with the macro lens that comes with the VL 90, it is also works so well for macro:




The VL 180mm:




And finally a revised crop of an earlier picture shot with the VL 75, and with extra care taken in Lightroom to bring out the best features:


Last edited by les3547; 11-16-2012 at 02:55 PM.
09-16-2011, 03:15 PM   #627
Veteran Member
Emacs's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow
Posts: 1,223
LBA strikes again
The distagon 21 from subscription caused it. First when I was buying this expensive piece of glass (about $2k). Second, when I was dissatisfied with its size (although the IQ is terrific) and need a lens of this focal length (I'm a prime shooter). So, I've just purchased Color Skopar 20 f3.5
09-16-2011, 09:27 PM   #628
Inactive Account




Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Michigan, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,484
Voigtlander Nokton 58mm f1:1.4

Not a straight out of camera shot but done with a Voigtlander just the same..



09-16-2011, 10:40 PM   #629
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
les3547's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sebastopol, California
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,020
QuoteOriginally posted by Emacs Quote
LBA strikes again
The distagon 21 from subscription caused it. First when I was buying this expensive piece of glass (about $2k). Second, when I was dissatisfied with its size (although the IQ is terrific) and need a lens of this focal length (I'm a prime shooter). So, I've just purchased Color Skopar 20 f3.5
Boy would I love to see you do some comparison shots with the Zeiss 21 and the VL 20. Not at all apertures, just at their best-resolution aperture (say 5.6 or 8) to see what the VL 20 loses to the Zeiss.


QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Not a straight out of camera shot but done with a Voigtlander just the same.
Very nice Jeff, I really like that picture.

Last edited by les3547; 09-17-2011 at 07:32 PM.
09-20-2011, 08:14 AM   #630
Senior Member
vsl3-e's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 116
QuoteOriginally posted by les3547 Quote
Interesting, thanks for posting those. I have been researching that lens, there are no thorough reviews, just mixed opinions. I've found quite a few pictures online shot with it, and my impression has been that it seems to yield excellent color, but many of the pictures seem soft and not very contrasty. I'd like to hear your opinion if you have one yet. It is hard to tell much from your shots; if there were more lighting variation in the picture it would reveal more characteristics of the lens.

Heres a few places where I found VL 135/4 shots, the four pictures at the first link seemed pretty good, but the rest . . .


my bLOG: Voigtländer Color-Dynarex 135/4
Voigtlander Super-Dynarex 135/4
Voigtlander Color-Dynarex 135mm F4 - a set on Flickr
Voigtlander Super-Dynarex 135mm F4 (DKL) - a set on Flickr
Its a really nice lens, even though the last versions (like mine) were not not a real Voigtlander, the design is a Zeiss Tele Tessar. Its a very sharp lens wide open and the colors are quite natural, i like it. Here are some samples, all f4





Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
20mm, af, bit, color, da, detail, f1.4, f3.5, f5.6, info, lenses, nokton, pentax lens, picture, pm, post, quality, shot, sigma, skopar, slii, vl, voigtlander, zeiss
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Zeiss ZK LBA - pics, notes, thoughts? thePiRaTE!! Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 173 10-15-2012 02:18 PM
LBA challenge: October--post your pics here monochrome Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 1 11-01-2008 01:43 PM
LBA challenge: September--post your pics here heatherslightbox Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 47 11-01-2008 09:46 AM
LBA challenge October--post your pics here heatherslightbox Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 3 10-23-2008 11:38 AM
Voigtländer macro - first pics jankok Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 13 11-16-2007 03:30 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:30 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top