Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 700 Likes Search this Thread
06-02-2022, 03:58 PM - 4 Likes   #1141
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not many photos from the Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO Lanthar SL, so here are a few.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
06-03-2022, 01:57 AM   #1142
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
Voigtlander Nokton 40mm f/1.2.
Have you tried the Voigtländer 35mm f/1.2 ASPH? According to my leicaphile colleagues, it has the closest rendering to any Leica lens in the entire Voigtländer catalogue.
06-03-2022, 04:22 AM   #1143
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
Have you tried the Voigtländer 35mm f/1.2 ASPH? According to my leicaphile colleagues, it has the closest rendering to any Leica lens in the entire Voigtländer catalogue.
I haven't, unfortunately. That said I'm absolutely loving this one. (Not helpful I know but I am smitten with this...)
06-03-2022, 07:14 AM   #1144
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What are you shooting mostly these days Digitalis? Any Voigtlanders?

I used to have the Nokton 58/1.4. I actually didn't like it all that much (except for the build quality of course). I'd love to try the new Noktons and APO lenses being released, but alas for K mount.

I now have and shoot a Lanthar 180/4 APO which I adore. I'm not sure if Voigtlander/Cosina have ever made a lens at longer focal length, and this one they only made for a very short while. I imagine the market for manual focus does not oft include telephoto work.

06-03-2022, 10:06 PM - 1 Like   #1145
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
What are you shooting mostly these days Digitalis? Any Voigtlanders?
I shoot with a few Voigtländer SL lenses on my Nikon DSLRs - the 125mm f/2.5, 40mm f/2 and 20mm f/3.5*. On Leica M I have a Voigtländer 50mm f/1.0 Nokton borrowed from a colleague that I'm doing a comparative review on. I have a few Voigtlander lenses I'm quite fond of using on my Konica Hexar RF** as well.

* There is a Voigtländer 180mm f/4 APO-Lanthar SLII on the market place that has caught my eye. I already own the Sigma 180mm f/3.5 Macro but that lens has a very short focus throw at the ∞ end, the Voigtländer 180mm f/4 Lanthar is the opposite.

** Using Leica M glass on a Konica Hexar RF is sacrilegious blasphemy to Leicaphiles, using Voigtländer lenses is far less likely to draw their Ire.
06-05-2022, 06:24 PM   #1146
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I shoot with a few Voigtländer SL lenses on my Nikon DSLRs - the 125mm f/2.5, 40mm f/2 and 20mm f/3.5*. On Leica M I have a Voigtländer 50mm f/1.0 Nokton borrowed from a colleague that I'm doing a comparative review on. I have a few Voigtlander lenses I'm quite fond of using on my Konica Hexar RF** as well.

* There is a Voigtländer 180mm f/4 APO-Lanthar SLII on the market place that has caught my eye. I already own the Sigma 180mm f/3.5 Macro but that lens has a very short focus throw at the ∞ end, the Voigtländer 180mm f/4 Lanthar is the opposite.

** Using Leica M glass on a Konica Hexar RF is sacrilegious blasphemy to Leicaphiles, using Voigtländer lenses is far less likely to draw their Ire.
Ah, the coveted 125mm - I might yet try for this one. As for the others, I've loved my Zeiss 35/2 in KA and Spiratone 20/2.8 KA (or Sigma DP0Q) in those focal lengths. I might try for the new Irix 45mm f/1.4, as it certainly seems a well corrected machine, and in KA to boot!

It's funny that using Leica glass is more blasphemous than not using Leica glass... Still, when in Rome...

Back to the topic, here's a thread on some shots from my 180/4:
Blue Angels, F35 Afterburner, and More! - PentaxForums.com

The lens behaves admirably!
07-04-2022, 04:34 AM - 6 Likes   #1147
Pentaxian

I've been trying my darndest to push myself out of my comfort zone and photograph people after asking their permission. So far, there's been a 100% hit rate with the people I've approached.

All below with the Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 on the Sony A7iii.

07-04-2022, 05:29 AM - 1 Like   #1148
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
I've been trying my darndest to push myself out of my comfort zone and photograph people after asking their permission. So far, there's been a 100% hit rate with the people I've approached.

All below with the Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 on the Sony A7iii.

nice work!

that last shot is more about the dog than the person....

(:
07-04-2022, 09:10 PM - 1 Like   #1149
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
nice work!

that last shot is more about the dog than the person....

(:
Thank you! I think you can see where my preferences generally lie…
08-06-2022, 06:45 PM - 2 Likes   #1150
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Voigtlander 90mm f3.5 + K-5iis @ f4
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
08-11-2022, 04:25 PM   #1151
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
I now have and shoot a Lanthar 180/4 APO which I adore.
Catching up on the thread after a long time: How long did it finally take to come back from Cosina?
08-11-2022, 11:45 PM - 2 Likes   #1152
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JensE Quote
Catching up on the thread after a long time: How long did it finally take to come back from Cosina?
7 months from first contact to receiving it back. 1 month was waiting for a response on whether they'd even accept it, the other 6 months was mostly spent with the lens sitting on their shelf.

Pros:
- The lens was cleaned properly.
- The repair was 1/3 the cost of US quotes, even with shipping to Japan.

Cons:
- It takes so long you will think you may never see the lens again.
- Low to no communication, I felt like I was nagging by asking every couple weeks after 4 months went by.

To be fair... COVID
08-19-2022, 01:28 PM - 1 Like   #1153
Pentaxian

Dear fellow addicts, does anyone among you own the Voigtlander Color-Heliar 75mm F2.5 in K-mount? I just purchased what must be a rather early copy and it turns out it cannot be mounted on Pentax DSLR bodies, but does fine on analog bodies. Has anyone made a similar observation, or used it on a DSLR without issues?
08-19-2022, 03:14 PM - 1 Like   #1154
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wkraus Quote
Dear fellow addicts, does anyone among you own the Voigtlander Color-Heliar 75mm F2.5 in K-mount? I just purchased what must be a rather early copy and it turns out it cannot be mounted on Pentax DSLR bodies, but does fine on analog bodies. Has anyone made a similar observation, or used it on a DSLR without issues?

do you have a photo of the mount itself - we should be able to diagnose the issue if we can see the mount....
08-20-2022, 04:54 AM - 1 Like   #1155
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
do you have a photo of the mount itself - we should be able to diagnose the issue if we can see the mount....
The mount looks perfectly fine, exactly as the one of my 125mm SL lens that mounts without any problem. Your question made me experiment some more, using my old bodies (K10D and K-5 II) because I was afraid to damage my K-3 III. I found that when rotating the lens into place there is a point where it seems to hang, but with a little force it can be turned beyond that to the correct locking position on all three bodies. So there isn’t really a problem it seems.