Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 697 Likes Search this Thread
04-24-2016, 11:02 AM   #886
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
Once I almost ordered this lens from a seller on eBay. Finally I didn't as I thought that I already had too many 50mm lenses. Your photos make me regret that I did not buy it (and who knows if there ever will be 2nd chance).
You have quite a stable in your kit....but there is always room....but they come up infrequently in the marketplace....

04-24-2016, 11:34 AM   #887
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dice Quote
a full helping of greens

That's a great shot...

Last edited by CreationBear; 04-24-2016 at 11:43 AM.
04-24-2016, 11:42 AM   #888
Veteran Member

You have quite a stable in your kit....but there is always room....but they come up infrequently in the marketplace....
Sadly most times they show up, they last very few day, once i see one here is already sold or someone is already tryng to buy the lens.... Im looking for one 58, so im going to put more attention at the marketplace

04-24-2016, 11:49 AM   #889
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Once I almost ordered this lens from a seller on eBay. Finally I didn't as I thought that I already had too many 50mm lenses. Your photos make me regret that I did not buy it (and who knows if there ever will be 2nd chance).
Here's a funny story, or would be funny if it hadn't cost me $ to learn my lesson.

I had all the Voigtlanders except the 125 (a lovely lens I've heard, but not really a FL I have much use for). I eventually decided I didn't care much for my VL 20mm or 40mm lenses. They were okay IQ-wise, but I have a very hard time manual focusing pancake lenses. I sold them.

I've been trying to finish a book, keeping my head buried in work and doing little else. At some point I looked at my lonely camera bag that had just been sitting there for over a year and thought "I'm not using any of it, why not sell all my VLs, and just get a couple of good zooms," which I consequently did and bought the DA 16-85 and DA 60-250. Very nice zoom lenses.

It wasn't long before I started being nagged by a feeling of incompleteness. I missed the IQ of a great prime, and began trying out a few. Looking for something I preferred over Voigtlanders I went through all the ZK Zeiss lenses (except the 20mm and 100 Makro), a few top shelf Sigmas, various Pentax primes—(sold them all except the Pentax FA 31 and Sigma 70mm macro, superb lenses, plus I kept the 16-85 zoom).

After all that, I realized there is no lens available for Pentax that I prefer to the higher FL Voigtlanders, so as of today I've required three of my favorite—the 58mm, 90mm, and 180mm (I wish I hadn't sold the VL 75mm, but I doubt I'll ever find that beauty).

Anyway, I now feel complete again

04-24-2016, 11:57 AM   #890
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by les3547 Quote
After all that, I realized there is no lens available for Pentax that I prefer to the higher FL Voigtlanders, so as of today I've required three of my favorite—the 58mm, 90mm, and 180mm (I wish I hadn't sold the VL 75mm, but I doubt I'll ever find that beauty).

Just found one 90mm in K version on eBay. Maybe somebody could be interested: Voigtlander APO Lanthar 90mm F3 5 SL Hood for Pentax K | eBay
04-24-2016, 01:09 PM   #891
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
That's a great shot...
Thanks.
Just found one 90mm in K version on eBay. Maybe somebody could be interested: Voigtlander APO Lanthar 90mm F3 5 SL Hood for Pentax K | eBay
I've seen quite a few of this focal length as well. I am on the hunt for the VL20. I'd like the VL125 for macro but their price has hit the stratosphere.
Here's a funny story, or would be funny if it hadn't cost me $ to learn my lesson.

I had all the Voigtlanders except the 125 (a lovely lens I've heard, but not really a FL I have much use for). I eventually decided I didn't care much for my VL 20mm or 40mm lenses. They were okay IQ-wise, but I have a very hard time manual focusing pancake lenses. I sold them.

I've been trying to finish a book, keeping my head buried in work and doing little else. At some point I looked at my lonely camera bag that had just been sitting there for over a year and thought "I'm not using any of it, why not sell all my VLs, and just get a couple of good zooms," which I consequently did and bought the DA 16-85 and DA 60-250. Very nice zoom lenses.

It wasn't long before I started being nagged by a feeling of incompleteness. I missed the IQ of a great prime, and began trying out a few. Looking for something I preferred over Voigtlanders I went through all the ZK Zeiss lenses (except the 20mm and 100 Makro), a few top shelf Sigmas, various Pentax primes—(sold them all except the Pentax FA 31 and Sigma 70mm macro, superb lenses, plus I kept the 16-85 zoom).

Anyway, I now feel complete again
I'd be interested to hear your experience with the VL20.

kevin
04-24-2016, 01:38 PM - 1 Like   #892
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

I'd be interested to hear your experience with the VL20.

kevin
I might not be the best judge of the 20mm because it's a FL I use little, and as I said, its pancake design wasn't comfortable for me. What I recall was that I didn't think it any better than, say, the DA 21 which I used to own. In fact, the DA 16-85 at 20mm seems almost as sharp and, to my eyes at least, to render colors richer than the VL 20 did (I thought it a bit "stark"). The reason I wanted VL lenses was because of their pixie dust quality, but I didn't feel the 20mm had that. With the VL 40mm I sometimes got it, and sometimes I didn't. But the 58mm through 180mm Voigtlander lenses are like no other lenses I've ever tried. And now that I'm contemplating the K-1, they are even more desirable to me.

My first test shot with the 20mm to see how it handled the sun:

04-24-2016, 01:45 PM   #893
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I might not be the best judge of the 20mm because it's a FL I use little, and as I said, its pancake design wasn't comfortable for me. What I recall was that I didn't think it any better than, say, the DA 21 which I used to own. In fact, the DA 16-85 at 20mm seems almost as sharp and, to my eyes at least, to render colors richer than the VL 20 did (I thought it a bit "stark"). The reason I wanted VL lenses was because of their pixie dust quality, but I didn't feel the 20mm had that. With the VL 40mm I sometimes got it, and sometimes I didn't. But the 58mm through 180mm Voigtlander lenses are like no other lenses I've ever tried. And now that I'm contemplating the K-1, they are even more desirable to me.
Thanks. I was thinking it would be a nice lightweight FF wide angle option. That image makes me want it more. I've only found a few images posted from it.
05-06-2016, 11:59 AM - 6 Likes   #894

The K-1 pairs very good with the Macro Apo-Lanthar:

05-14-2016, 11:52 AM - 1 Like   #895

The underestimated Color-Heliar 75/2.5 fully open on the K-1.

07-10-2016, 06:40 PM - 2 Likes   #896
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My first Voigtlander lens for pentax, Voigtlander Color Skopar SLII 20mm F3.5 on the K1.

Taken indoor.

During Singapore Pentax outing..

Lastly close focus for food shot.
07-21-2016, 05:53 AM - 2 Likes   #897
Veteran Member

Voigtlander Color Skopar SLII 20mm F3.5 on the K1

07-21-2016, 03:47 PM   #898
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ranchy Quote
Voigtlander Color Skopar SLII 20mm F3.5 on the K1

Absolutely gorgeous...
07-26-2016, 08:58 PM   #899
Veteran Member

Anyone used a Nokton 58/1.4 SLII with the K1? Mind sharing your shots?
07-26-2016, 09:53 PM   #900
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tlfaust Quote
Absolutely gorgeous...
thanks