Cane fields in flower

07-05-2014, 07:21 AM   #362
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K55/1.8 on an *istD [xposted]
07-05-2014, 12:51 PM   #363

Photos: Albums
Not as good as the photos previously posted, so please excuse my newbness, but here's a lighthouse!
Attached Images

07-05-2014, 01:05 PM   #364
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Zealex Quote
Not as good as the photos previously posted, so please excuse my newbness, but here's a lighthouse!
I rather like it - what lens was used?

07-05-2014, 01:17 PM   #365
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Zealex Quote
That actually not a bad shot at all. With a minor bit f post, that lighthouse could really pop.
07-05-2014, 05:47 PM   #366

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
I rather like it - what lens was used?
Thanks! I used a Pentax A-50mm f1.7.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
That actually not a bad shot at all. With a minor bit f post, that lighthouse could really pop.
Thanks for the tip, though I actually did a lot of post already! Anything in particular you recommend I change?

Heres the original image:
Attached Images

07-12-2014, 10:16 AM - 1 Like   #367
Veteran Member

Hi people !! I saw once that 55mm is included in that thread ! And i wanted to share one picture of my son I took last december with the K 55mm f1.8, which impress me each time I use it:

07-12-2014, 09:08 PM   #368
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No shot to upload, but after reading the reviews of the Ricoh Rikenon P and non P 50mm F2.0 lenses I had to try mine out tonight. Mine is the P model. I was just taking a few pics while sitting in a recliner in my living room (late night and the only way to shoot.) using the built in flash. I got this lens with a Ricoh XRM around 1990 or so. The XRM is retired due to erratic shutter release, but I ran a lot of film through that camera.

As to image quality, all I can say is WOW! It is even slightly better that my SMC 50mm f1.4 K mount lens. The images looked great on my K5 and even better on my K5-IIs. M. Almost a pancake lens. Very light. The Pentax lens was a little warmer, this lens a bit cooler. My resolution target was my Galileo thermometer. I was shooting it from about 10 feet away and looking at the numbers stamped onto the metal tags. The tags are about 20mm wide. The numbers about half that. Sorry, no images to post. If you happen to run across an old Ricoh camera at a garage sale, flea market or second hand store, and this lens is on it, check the lens and if it is in good shape and the price is right, scoop it up. You will not be disappointed.
07-13-2014, 06:40 PM   #369
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
No shot to upload, but after reading the reviews of the Ricoh Rikenon P and non P 50mm F2.0 lenses I had to try mine out tonight. Mine is the P model. I was just taking a few pics while sitting in a recliner in my living room (late night and the only way to shoot.) using the built in flash. I got this lens with a Ricoh XRM around 1990 or so. The XRM is retired due to erratic shutter release, but I ran a lot of film through that camera.

As to image quality, all I can say is WOW! It is even slightly better that my SMC 50mm f1.4 K mount lens. The images looked great on my K5 and even better on my K5-IIs. M. Almost a pancake lens. Very light. The Pentax lens was a little warmer, this lens a bit cooler. My resolution target was my Galileo thermometer. I was shooting it from about 10 feet away and looking at the numbers stamped onto the metal tags. The tags are about 20mm wide. The numbers about half that. Sorry, no images to post. If you happen to run across an old Ricoh camera at a garage sale, flea market or second hand store, and this lens is on it, check the lens and if it is in good shape and the price is right, scoop it up. You will not be disappointed.
You may want to check the Sears lens club thread out - (some of) the Sears 50's and other lenses were simply rebranded Rikenons.
07-15-2014, 06:56 AM   #370
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Auto Sears 50 mm f 1.4

Some flower shots with the Auto Sears 50 mm f 1.4, believed to be Chinon. Shot wide open at f 1.4 and AV mode on Pentax K-7.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
07-17-2014, 02:11 PM   #371
Veteran Member

DA 50mm F1.8 Testing

Blackberrys
by John Rudolph Photography, on Flickr
07-17-2014, 02:38 PM   #372
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Couple with M 50 mm f 1.7

A couple with K-7 and Pentax-M 50 mm f 1.7 using Av mode and f 4.0. This is a great lens even wide open, but close it down to 4.0 and it really shines in terms of sharpness while maintaining nicely blurred background.

Correction: I was wide open and didn't even know it! Very tactful member Paul has informed me by private message how I am incorrectly using Av instead of M mode with green button metering. Thanks, I am constantly amazed at the accumulated knowledge and helpful manner of Forum members!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 

Last edited by ivanvernon; 07-18-2014 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Correct error.
07-17-2014, 06:55 PM   #373
Inactive Account

Here's one from the little Industar 50.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
07-18-2014, 05:25 AM   #374
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Corrected shots, M50 f 1.7 at 4.0

Here are shots of the same subject as my post right below, but this time using green mode to meter shutter speed for f 4.0. I used the same/similar subjects, but did not try to exactly duplicate the earlier shots. Thanks to wonderful Forum member PaulH for his gentle assistance.

I am now on a nice learning curve to handle green button metering. My preliminary observation is that using the green button is better than totally chimping the exposure. However, I do not find that the green button always gives the best shutter speed for the exposure I prefer. This is not surprising in view of individual exposure preferences and given the fact that certain backgrounds may influence the photographer's choice of exposure for the main subject. What I mean is that I might want a lower exposure on a subject with a dark background because the dark background makes the subject stand out sufficiently, but might want a darker exposure for the main subject when the shot is taken against a lighter background.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
07-18-2014, 01:59 PM - 1 Like   #375
Pentaxian

Taken with K-01 and SMC F 50mm f/1.7 wide open. x-posted everywhere I could