Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2014, 05:42 AM - 4 Likes   #136
Pentaxian
Tsuken's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,513
DSLR fun with 28mm: Club for any 28mm lens

I think my Takumar Bayonet 1:2.8/28 is my favourite lens for my K-30.

Curving grace by -Occasionally Focused-

Half a dandy lion by -Occasionally Focused-

... Or this one? by -Occasionally Focused-

Cool Cat Charlie by -Occasionally Focused-

Most or all cross-posted from my January and February "single in" challenge posts.

---------- Post added 5th Apr 2014 at 11:44 PM ----------

This was supposed to be in there too:

Pentax Sunrise by -Occasionally Focused-

04-23-2014, 06:58 PM   #137
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
Posts: 126
Took this yesterday arvo at the local marina;
K50 + F28 / 2.8...

06-01-2014, 08:42 PM - 1 Like   #138
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2010
Photos: Albums
Posts: 659
Original Poster
In camera HDR with Pentax-F 28mm f2.8
City of Edmonton, AB, Canada

Last edited by ultraviolet; 06-05-2014 at 01:10 PM.
06-03-2014, 01:37 PM   #139
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
TER-OR's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dundee, IL
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,354
False Indigo blooming for the first time - planted 3 years ago. Such pretty blooms!
Sigma 28mm f1.8 macro on a K5D. Great not-so-little lens.



06-05-2014, 12:40 PM   #140
Senior Member
Santoku's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 131
Nice to see recent F 28mm shots....

It's nice to see some recent Pentax-F 28mm f/2.8 images. I keep that one on my K-x which resides in my brief case for momentary opportunities (when I am not so focused on other things to miss said opportunities).
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
07-21-2014, 11:56 AM   #141
Pentaxian
Na Horuk's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Slovenia, probably
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,183
The Pentax M 28mm f2.8, first version, has a user rating on these forums that I find to be unfairly low.

Last edited by Na Horuk; 05-23-2017 at 09:08 AM.
07-27-2014, 06:37 PM   #142
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Dewman's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Idaho
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,647
Sigma 28mm, f:2.8 Mini-Wide.

Today on eBay, I was the high bidder (only bidder) at $5.00 for a Sigma 28mm, f:2.8 Mini-wide lens. It was one of those impulse buys, placing my bid early and not really thinking it would have a chance of holding up.... but, suprisingly, it did. I've never used a wide angle prime lens very much, mostly depending on my Tamron 28-200mm Macro-Zoom to cover just about any situation that comes up. So, now, I find myself with two 28mm prime lenses - a Sears 28mm, f: 2.8 Macro and the Sigma I bought today.

I read the reviews of the Sigma on the forum before I placed my bid and they gave it high marks, stressing it's sharpness a great deal. I detest a lens that isn't sharp almost as much as I dislike a rifle that won't shoot tiny groups! I've taken a few test shots with the Sears lens and it's quite sharp, moreso when stopped down to f:8 or better. So.... now the wait. Do any of you have any experience with the Sigma lens that you can share with me?

Thanks,
Dewman
SW Idaho

Last edited by Dewman; 03-25-2015 at 04:35 PM.
07-27-2014, 07:40 PM   #143
Pentaxian
Sagitta's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Maine
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,949
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
Today on eBay, I was the high bidder (only bidder) at $5.00 for a Sigma 28mm, f:2.8 Mini-wide lens. It was one of those impulse buys, placing my bid early and not really thinking it would have a chance of holding up.... but, suprisingly, it did. I've never used a wide angle prime lens very much, mostly depending on my Tamron 28-200mm Macro-Zoom to cover just about any situation that comes up. So, now, I find myself with two 28mm prime lenses - a Sears 28mm, f: 2.8 Macro and the Sigma I bought today.

I read the reviews of the Sigma on the forum before I placed my bid and they gave it high marks, stressing it's sharpness a great deal. I detest a lens that isn't sharp almost as much as I dislike a rifle that won't shoot tiny groups! I've taken a few test shots with the Sears lens and it's quite sharp, moreso when stopped down to f:8 or better. So.... now the wait. Do any of you have any experience with the Sigma lens that you can share with me?

Thanks,
Dewman
SW Idaho
No experience with that lens (or any vintage Sigmas, really. I don't think my 75-300 autofocus quite counts yet), but I'll be watching any responses simply because I've had a 135mm f/3.5 mini-tele on my shelf tormenting me for a few years. It was tossed into a lot I won about 4 years back, but (annoyingly) is a Canon FD mount.

If the 28 is decent, it'll give me some hope that that 135mm is as well should I ever find a way to actually use the thing.

07-28-2014, 12:27 AM   #144
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Dewman's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Idaho
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,647
QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
No experience with that lens (or any vintage Sigmas, really. I don't think my 75-300 autofocus quite counts yet), but I'll be watching any responses simply because I've had a 135mm f/3.5 mini-tele on my shelf tormenting me for a few years. It was tossed into a lot I won about 4 years back, but (annoyingly) is a Canon FD mount.

If the 28 is decent, it'll give me some hope that that 135mm is as well should I ever find a way to actually use the thing.
I think I'm going to have spend a day with nothing but a 28mm lens on my camera and leave everything else at home! I really like some of the B&W images I've been seeing posted lately, so.... Hmmm.... maybe something in the offing? The town I live in is a hub for much of the railroad traffic in this part of the nation and there's a large rail yard not far from my home. I think the locomotives and freight cars would lend themselves well to some nice monochrome photos. Yeah, that's the ticket!

Dewman
SW Idaho
07-30-2014, 12:14 PM   #145
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Dewman's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Idaho
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,647
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
Today on eBay, I was the high bidder (only bidder) at $5.00 for a Sigma 28mm, f:2.8 Mini-wide lens. It was one of those impulse buys, placing my bid early and not really thinking it would have a chance of holding up.... but, suprisingly, it did. I've never used a wide angle prime lens very much, mostly depending on my Tamron 28-200mm Macro-Zoom to cover just about any situation that comes up. So, now, I find myself with two 28mm prime lenses - a Sears 28mm, f: 2.8 Macro and the Sigma I bought today.

I read the reviews of the Sigma on the forum before I placed my bid and they gave it high marks, stressing it's sharpness a great deal. I detest a lens that isn't sharp almost as much as I dislike a rifle that won't shoot tiny groups! I've taken a few test shots with the Sears lens and it's quite sharp, moreso when stopped down to f:8 or better. So.... now the wait. Do any of you have any experience with the Sigma lens that you can share with me?

Thanks,
Dewman
SW Idaho
I'm going to quote my own post..... but, oh well. Bummer..... my lens came today and what a total disappointment! It was in superb cosmetic condition but it had so much internal haze as to make it totally unusable! I've gotten in touch with the seller, and although it was only a small sum, something like $12.50, including shipping, I've asked for a refund. Such a pity, as the lens is immaculate.... other than the haze. I hate it when this happens. Someone needs to invent a "Haze magic wand"!

Dewman
07-30-2014, 03:12 PM   #146
Pentaxian
Tsuken's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,513
bummer
07-31-2014, 05:50 AM - 2 Likes   #147
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,637
Just finished a Single Challenge with M28 f2.8, and the result can be seen here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/elpolodiablo/sets/72157645077343570/


07-31-2014, 08:43 AM   #148
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Dewman's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Idaho
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,647
Nice capture. How many times have many of us been in the situation where a beautiful sky presents itself only to be without a camera? Very nice.
08-02-2014, 04:02 PM - 1 Like   #149
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,371
Shame about that mini-wide, I've started to love my Mini-Wide II that I got on a next to nothing bid on a broken K1000 that I subsequently sold for parts for the same amount of the total purchase. I think the 28mm focal length is just about perfect on a crop sensor camera...








08-02-2014, 04:15 PM   #150
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Dewman's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Idaho
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,647
QuoteOriginally posted by skierd Quote
Shame about that mini-wide, I've started to love my Mini-Wide II that I got on a next to nothing bid on a broken K1000 that I subsequently sold for parts for the same amount of the total purchase. I think the 28mm focal length is just about perfect on a crop sensor camera...








Nice shots. When I lived in the mountains farther north, we used to see the northern lights once in a while. Very surreal!

Yep, it was a shame about the mini-wide, but... it happens once in a while. I have two other 28mm lenses, a Pentax-M, f: 2.8 and a Sears MC f:2.8 Macro. I've never used this particular focal length much. I also just bought a very nice Sigma 75-300mm Macro lens for the bargain-basement price of $10.00! I'm going to take it out this evening when it cools down a little and see what I can come up with. We've got a large rail yard just on the edge of town, so.... we'll see.

Dewman
SW Idaho
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
28mm, 28mm f2.8, club, colours, cosmicar, dslr fun, ebay, farm, filter, flickr, flower, fun, idaho, image, k-1, lens, macro, pentax, pentax lens, photos, plastic, pm, post, sears, shots, smc pentax, sw, thanks, usa
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vivitar 28mm/2.8 CF (K02) vs. Tamron 28mm/2.5 (02B) stevebrot Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 32 07-06-2013 10:42 AM
The Soligor 28mm f2.8 or the Vivitar MC 28mm f2.8? kelvin.wong Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 11 04-26-2011 07:20 AM
Just for fun - Takumar 28mm vs Pentax-F 28mm vs Pentax-FA 31mm ltd thePiRaTE!! Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 6 09-16-2007 01:35 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:40 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top